No announcement yet.

Deer Dog Recoveries: 2012-2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 yards one turn gushing blood trail but I put her on it anyway.
    Smelled so good she whimpered all the way to the buck
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355595427.859384.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	24150094

Comment

Great job

Comment

Put Bagley down for a run down and catch on a 3 legged Sika

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355602911.593488.jpg
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	24150111

Comment

Great job Bagley! My dog will wimper too when the trail is really hot, it makes me laugh sometimes.
          Buff, Bagley is just awesome.

Comment

Missy made short work on this track from Tuesday. Deer ran into the wind after the shot. I brought her in downwind of the shot location by about 30 yards. She immediately winded and went to the impact location. Stopped at the first spot of blood and took a good lick and then she was off with me in tow. The only thing that slowed her down were the dadgum sticker burrs. This is her third recovery of the year.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355613799.663738.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	24150139

If you know of anyone looking for a good dog I have decided to sell Missy. You can see her add in the classifieds.

Comment

Good job.

Comment

Good job missy and tex

Comment

I received a call today at around 12 noon that a neighbor of mine had shot a buck at around 9 this morning but could not find it. The buck had been hit twice with a rifle, went down both times and crawled for a bit and finally made it to its feet and took off, thats what I was told. I got there around 1 and dropped Candy on the blood, there was only visible blood for maybe 10 yards. Candy put her nose down and slowly started off, about 150 yards later she opened up in really thick thicket. I ran to her but was too late, the buck broke and crossed a dried creek. She stopped him again on the other side of creek and the hunter took a shot with my open sight 30-30 and missed, the creek is about 100 yards across and the buck was a little further up, so cant really blame the miss. The buck broke bay again and 250 yards later she stopped him again, I just couldnt get there fast enough. Again Candy stops the buck in the creek but we are just too far to finish him, she bays for a few minutes and once again he breaks. On the Garmin she trails him another 900-1000 yards, but by then she is getting wore out and pulls off the buck. I catch her and water her and gave her a break. I let her rest for awhile then put her back on track. She took the same trail but came up empty at the end. We didnt recover the buck but I am still very proud of her for being 1.5 years old, so hopefully she does nothing but get better over time.

Comment

Good deer tracking dog would be nice to have. Ive never needed one myself, but im sure that day will come.

Comment

Put Bagley and George down for a big Sow in the snow.
                      100 yards back and forth thru the saw briars.
                      George beat us to it by 10 minutes but he was not having to wait on me to get untangled like Bagley

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356566804.718971.jpg
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	24153570

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356566826.057567.jpg
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	24153571
                      Last edited by Buff; 12-26-2012, 06:48 PM.

Comment

That IS a big sow...congrats Buff! Wish my dog could get work like that

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356578733.057341.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	24153619

Hank and Rio

Comment

YUUUP!!

Good work guys -- I'm having to live vicariously through y'all this year.....

Comment

Put Bagley down for 2 hogs.
                                First was easy 50 yards
                                Second took a minute to sort out as it ran pretty much down the same trail as the first one.
                                Once we found blood past the first one she drug me right to it about a hundred yards away

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356827232.466361.jpg
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	24154100

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356827258.033498.jpg
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	24154101

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356827294.778413.jpg