No announcement yet.

Deer Dog Recoveries: 2012-2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had to relearn an old lesson this morning. Stacey shot a doe that ran into a head high sweetgum thicket. It was hit well but a little high so not alot of blood. We started Bagley down the trail for 50 or so yards and the blood pretty much quit. I was sure the deer continued on down a trail towards the creek but Bagley doubled back towards the road, we had no blood.
    I pulled Bagley out and started her over as Stacey went on down looking for any blood.
    As you can already guess, when we hit the same spot Bagley turned hard left back up the hill. 75 yards later we found the deer.
    I sometimes wonder why she does not just bite me when I'm messing her up.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	bag2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	24154233

Comment

Luv it Buff!! The nose knows...

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
        Had to relearn an old lesson this morning. Stacey shot a doe that ran into a head high sweetgum thicket. It was hit well but a little high so not alot of blood. We started Bagley down the trail for 50 or so yards and the blood pretty much quit. I was sure the deer continued on down a trail towards the creek but Bagley doubled back towards the road, we had no blood.
        I pulled Bagley out and started her over as Stacey went on down looking for any blood.
        As you can already guess, when we hit the same spot Bagley turned hard left back up the hill. 75 yards later we found the deer.
        I sometimes wonder why she does not just bite me when I'm messing her up.
        [ATTACH]437294[/ATTACH]
        Awesome
        Thx for sharin
        Great dog

Comment

Bagley found a black buck this morning.
          Young fellow was sure he hit it but we could find no blood or hair
          I stated her on the tracks in the fresh tilled food plot.
          Buck had went about 100 yards into the brush and never leaked a drop

Name:	bb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	24154324
          Last edited by Buff; 12-31-2012, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mexhunt View Post
            How about pig recoveries?
            She found the first one, the second one wasn't dead yet just sleeping. Riding in the front seat to the Nuevo Laredo Vet $150 fix and ready to go. She found 3 deer last year and I thought she was a Quail dog.
            Thats a good looking dog you got there.

Comment

We've had to turn down numerous calls this year due to work. After a two month hiatus, we were able to go on a track this morning.

The buck was shot yesterday evening with a 7 mag. Huge pool of blood where he fell then a good trail for 20 yards that petered out.

Luna found him but, sadly, the coyotes beat us there.

We never would have found this one without a dog. The trail wound through 250 yards of thick whitebrush.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Sika; 01-01-2013, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Man that deer got eaten up
                Good find

Comment

Yeah, in just 12 hours! As cold as it was last night the meat would have been preserved. Oh well!

Comment

Bagley found a black buck this morning.
                    Young fellow was sure he hit it but we could find no blood or hair
                    I stated her on the tracks in the fresh tilled food plot.
                    Buck had went about 100 yards into the brush and never leaked a drop
                    [ATTACH]437526[/ATTACH]
                    Probably a dumb question but what kind of dogs are those buff?

Comment

George is a Jack Russel
                      Bagley..... well I'm not sure

Comment

Way to go Courtney.
                        I bet that was a hoot after the long layoff

Comment

George is a Jack Russel
                          Bagley..... well I'm not sure
                          Yeah bagley was the one I was wondering about. Couldn't tell if there was more than one. Really good lookin dog!

Comment

Fletch found a cull my niece had shot on monday morning. She shot the buck and ran off into the thick cedars out of sight. my brother and her got out of the blind and as they were walking to the truck jumped a deer in about the same area they had last seen the deer she shot. we decided to wait a bit just in case it was the same deer. Looked at the radar and saw heavy rains coming within the hour, loaded fletch up and put him in the area they last saw the deer. he hit the trail and found the deer in about 30 seconds, was not the deer they jumped. Deer left zero blood, I'm a huge seller of ballistic tip bullets, especially for kids. They never leave a blood trail

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1kwgoPIXNY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1kwgoPIXNY[/ame]

Comment

And the happy hunter:

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357144172.022091.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	24154768

Comment

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	24154780

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	24154781

740 yard track had him bayed up and dulce was latched on to a hock when I put the kill shots in him best track to date

Comment

Working...
                                X