No announcement yet.

Deer Dog Recoveries: 2012-2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shot a deer Wednesday at 07:30 , was a good hit, arrow entered 4-5 rib from the back and out the other shoulder. Called my son to bring his 4 month Bavarian Mountain Hound Pappy. He has been training him on blood but has not been on a real track.Took about 1.15 hours for them to get there. Pap picked the trail up quickly. There was a good blood trail and he stayed on the trail for about 200 yards.We found a place where the ground was torn up and blood in a circle about 10 feet around. Pap was confused like me ,but he hit the track again and we were off.Then we found another larger area like the last, finally found the trail again . About 400 yards into this we are seeing lots of blood still then we find a large area of cactus and dirt torn up.My son sees the white tail of a deer and we find the buck finally. We were 45 min. into this track and coyotes had already eaten out the rear. We think that the yotes had found the deer before he even laid down and pushed him to this point. The shot took out both lungs. Pappy did a great job as this was not an easy track. I think that the torn up areas were where the buck was fighting off the yots.End results were good and the experience for Pap was great.
    Attached Files

Comment

Good looking Bavarian Hound. Where did Ur son buy him at? Also, good job on the find.

Comment

great looking dog congrats

Comment

Awesome job
          Good lookin dog

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
            Good looking Bavarian Hound. Where did Ur son buy him at? Also, good job on the find.
            Pap is 6 months old not 4. I got him from lumpys kennels out of Wisconsin. K-9trainer has his brother.

Comment

Kool, that breed makes great trackers..

Comment

Put Bagley down for a pig
                She don't like them much but she will still go find them for me.
                Attached Files

Comment

How far was that track Buff?

Comment

Just getting real field experience the first time with booner. He is 13 weeks now. Double lunged doe tonight ran about 60 yds. He found it pretty quick. I was suprised he wasnt weary or scared of the dead animal. He went straight for the *** lol.
                    Last edited by BIG BONE; 12-11-2020, 08:54 PM.

Comment

About a hundred yards

Comment

Booner

Originally posted by stickinpigs View Post
                        Just getting real field experience the first time with booner. He is 13 weeks now. Double lunged doe tonight ran about 60 yds. He found it pretty quick. I was suprised he wasnt weary or scared of the dead animal. He went straight for the *** lol.
                        [ATTACH]440238[/ATTACH]

Should be very proud of Booner. He did great and is so young and talented

Comment

Long story here is a short version.
                          Young Dog
                          1200+ yards about 45 minutes
                          Very little Blood, shot very low abdoman. Last half of trail blood 50 yards apart or more.
                          Live recovery- still standing
                          Very tired old man, I run her on a lead and a 10 month old beagle has a lot more engery than a sick 60 year old man

Rookie mistakes, I hit the trail to soon about 45 mins. after the shot. I started to pull back an wait but I did not. I took a lease members assesment ot the shot.

I am extremely proud of my pup this is now her 6th find. She has missed on 2 but I am sure that they are still alive
                          Last edited by pyrobow; 01-06-2013, 08:58 PM. Reason: Finished sentence

Comment

Originally posted by pyrobow View Post
                            Long story here is a short version.
                            Young Dog
                            1200+ yards about 45 minutes
                            Very little Blood, shot very low abdoman. Last half of trail blood 50 yards apart or more.
                            Live recovery- still standing
                            Very tired old man, I run her on a lead and a 10 month old beagle has a lot more engery than a sick 60 year old man

Rookie mistakes, I hit the trail to soon about 45 mins. after the shot. I started to pull back an wait but I did not. I took a lease members assesment ot the shot.

I am extremely proud of my pup this is now her 6th find. She has missed on 2 but I am
                            Awesone

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
                              Should be very proud of Booner. He did great and is so young and talented
                              Thx

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357668306.884550.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	24157634

My dog Ranger found this buck this morning. Friend shot it with a 6.8 cal at 150 yards( he's a Sniper) lol, dog tracked it 300 yards. Blood found only at beginning then nothing. It was my friends first drop tine and also Rangers.
                                Last edited by RiverRat00; 01-08-2013, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X