Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is bagely out of

Comment

Amos found a doe for me last weekend, than a hog shot by youngster, and did a trail on a buck yesterday shot with a bow and went 1 1/2 mile crossed a highway and called it. Got on another property that wasn't dog friendly pics to come. Still in the woods and can't up load pics

Comment

Originally posted by ColbyM View Post
        Who is bagely out of
        I believe she is from a line of dogs JerryG has been breeding

Comment

Slim finally got his first real deer recovery. I carried my cousin to my honey hole this evening and he shot a spike not 20 min after we sat down. He made a great shot, deer was broadside at 35 yrds. He hit him in she shoulder and broke both shoulders. The arrow didn't pass through but the deer lost it after about 50 yrds. We went to the arrow and it was coated with blood up 2/3 of the shaft but there was no blood on the ground we made a few passes and I headed to the house to get Slim. I put him down and he had trouble at first with the goat weed. Once he figured out we were there for business he went ahead and worked it out, the deer never bleed he went about 75 yrds from where he lost the arrow and bedded down. Slim finally got the wind right and went straight to him. We would have found him the next morning but at night in the tall goat weeds we would have walked past him 100 times. I'm pumped that Slim has come along pretty good in last few months and I'm looking forward to putting him on more tracks.

Clay

Comment

Good job slim

Comment

Slim finally got his first real deer recovery. I carried my cousin to my honey hole this evening and he shot a spike not 20 min after we sat down. He made a great shot, deer was broadside at 35 yrds. He hit him in she shoulder and broke both shoulders. The arrow didn't pass through but the deer lost it after about 50 yrds. We went to the arrow and it was coated with blood up 2/3 of the shaft but there was no blood on the ground we made a few passes and I headed to the house to get Slim. I put him down and he had trouble at first with the goat weed. Once he figured out we were there for business he went ahead and worked it out, the deer never bleed he went about 75 yrds from where he lost the arrow and bedded down. Slim finally got the wind right and went straight to him. We would have found him the next morning but at night in the tall goat weeds we would have walked past him 100 times. I'm pumped that Slim has come along pretty good in last few months and I'm looking forward to putting him on more tracks.

Clay

Comment

Awesome job slim Jim..lol

Comment

Sorry bout the double post.

Clay

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                    I believe she is from a line of dogs JerryG has been breeding
                    Awwwww I'm very jealous had the pleasure to see lil rio track as a pup and he's turned to a beast at trackin.

Comment

Originally posted by colbym View Post
                      amos found a doe for me last weekend, than a hog shot by youngster, and did a trail on a buck yesterday shot with a bow and went 1 1/2 mile crossed a highway and called it. He was still on blood but to risky to continue. Got on another property that wasn't dog friendly pics to come. Still in the woods and can't up load pics

[ATTACH]424211[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]424212[/ATTACH]

Comment

Way to go Clay. I know you were excited.

Colby, what happened to that hog? Great job

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                          Way to go Clay. I know you were excited.

Colby, what happened to that hog? Great job
                          Well seeing that it was a big ole bast boar, after a few pics I did a lil surgery to speed up the process for the buzzards lol

Comment

Ok...., been there done that

Comment

Gorgeous dog!

Comment

2 more for Diamond

Diamond got 2 more this weekend, that makes 5 for 5. They got a little tougher but still not super tough. We all agree at our lease. If the dear does not drop in its tracks we get the dog out for training. So far everything she has tracked could have been for by humans given enough time. But sure is easier to get the dog and let her work for 5 to 10 minutes. That being said here they are.

The first was Friday evening. A rifle shot by my grandson in low light. I was watching as the deer ran off and could not tell anything(old eyes)but he swore it was good. I went down and found what appeared to be lung at the shot site but no blood trail. We hiked back to the truck and went to camp for the dog. Because of the find at the site I was convinced thet the deer would be down so we did not wait a long time before we went back out. I drop Diamond on the blood and she immediately hit the trail the direction the deer went. About 40 yds in Diamond lost the trail and back tracked. I have been told several times to trust my dog so I followed. She took off on a 90 degree track and after about 30 yards turned out in the opening in front of the blind. Having been in the blind I was sure this was wrong. I took her back to the start and off we went again this time when we hit the spot she had lost she went straight ahead and in just a few yards She was pulling at the lead hard. I had already learned that when she pulled that hard she was locked on. About 120 yds total track we had the deer. What we found was a high lung shot that bled in instead of out which made for very little blood on the trail.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	#4 shrunk Malachia.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	24143282

Sat. Morning finds us back at it. Another rifle shot. We were sure of the hit but not sure of exactly where the deer was standing or where it was hit. I droped Diamond in the general area and within a couple of mionutes knew that she had picked up the scent. In the next minute she found the spot. A little meat and a piece of lege bone, not reallly a good sign as we could have a running wounded deer. I gave her the shot as she was already hard on it. It was typical for her with me almost getting dragged behind her. In about 80 yards I started seeing the blood as I went by at a trot. I was sure then of a fairly quick end. At some where over 150 yds. We found the deer down dead. Shot in front of 1 shoulder and exiting the other low.

This is biglew's doe.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	#5 Shrunk Scott.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	24143283

I learned after Diamonds first track how hard she would pull. Almost to the point of choking her self so I put her on a good harness. It proved to be a good move as we both work better with it. It goes on when we have a trail and comes off when we are done. She already knows what it means.

Is I said in another thread I have not shot a deer yet and have already had a great season just watching her work.

Comment

Working...
                                X