2024 Workout Accountability Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curtintex View Post

I sent you a PM with this question, but after all the moaning and bellyachin' about the website transition, I don't blame you for avoiding your PMs. What watch/app are you using? I have the Garmin Forerunner 235 and I don't care for it. It seems to be good for running, but not most other workouts. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

This goes for anyone that reads this. I need a good fitness watch.
    Sorry Curt. My near disdain for PM's goes WAY back and is well documented (remember when we didn't allow anybody to have PM's for awhile?) I disabled all my notifications (including PM's) after the migration (when we were having issues with them) and honestly, I just forget to check them. My apologies to anybody that I haven't responded to.

I have the Garmin 7X with Garmin Connect App. I like it for running. I'm not sure how well I utilize it for lifting. I can add pre-programmed workouts from the app, or create my own. When I use that, it keeps me on track of the lifts that I want to do, but it doesn't do a really good job of keeping up with reps. (It will allow me to adjust between sets, but I normally don't like to stop my workout and take the time to do that.) I've also found that many of the "movements" that I want to add to a custom workout aren't available (i.e. tib raises, ATG split squats (probably similar enough to Bulgarian split squats) and a few other lifts.) I wish there was a way to add a custom movement that isn't listed in their library (even if just a name so i can see what I've done.)

I do think it does a pretty good job of tracking various metrics (heart rate zones, power zones, training effect, etc.) for the overall workout to get an indication of workout intensity and load. I tend to look at those over the week/month/year more than I drill down to review individual lifts, reps, sets, etc. Of course, knowing those would definitely help monitor progress and progressive overload over time.

I could probably spend a little more time with it and figure some things out. That said, I am a HUGE fan of the watch, overall.
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Hit a new deadlift PR 230 lb!

Comment

Sika, congrats on the new PR!

today was suppose to me a rest day for me but just finished shoulders and core… lol

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
          Sika, congrats on the new PR!

today was suppose to me a rest day for me but just finished shoulders and core… lol
          Same for me, except I flaked yesterday because we went to visit the twins in College Station and missed my workout. Had to make it up today.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
            Hit a new deadlift PR 230 lb!
            Attagirl Courtney! Very impressive!

I had a rest day yesterday (16k steps) and then started the week strong, just finishing a 10k “base” run, soaking up vitamin D from the sunshine along the way!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6692.png Views:	0 Size:	340.3 KB ID:	26717632
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

I just ran across this thread - lots of good info.

My advice to folks over the years is to stay accountable find a workout partner. I have been running 15 miles a week for 41 years with a running buddy. We talk the entire run which is amazing how much it takes your mind off of the run. On those mornings I get up that I am going to run knowing I have to meet him makes be go even if I do not feel like it. So my advice to those who struggle staying consistent find a workout partner. Just my 2 cents

Comment

Legs and traps done this afternoon…
                took yesterday as a rest day

Comment

Switched it up a little and went with arms and legs today rather that international chest day. But, I'll hit chest and back tomorrow. 20/15/12/10 reps today.

Preacher curl, cable pushdown/super squat
                  Spider curl/leg extension/weighted dips
                  Prone leg curl/cable curls/cable kickback

5X5 tomorrow for chest and back. I may work in a little suspension trainer to the mix.

Comment

I am absolutely beat. Today will be a rest day. Just have to keep the caloric intake in check.

Have a good week everyone.

Comment

Shoulders and back today… great workout earlier this morning…

Comment

Knocked out a 2.52 mile run in 17 mins flat.

First run outdoors in a hot minute and felt good to be out there.

Comment

4wks in and changing my workout up going forward.

Today is Chest and Tris, but adding a couple of lifts to my workout.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                            Knocked out a 2.52 mile run in 17 mins flat.

First run outdoors in a hot minute and felt good to be out there.
                            I'm gonna be honest with you....you really suck at rest days.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post

I'm gonna be honest with you....you really suck at rest days.
                              I know I know lol…

I get on a solid roll and when I’m half way through the day i cannot stand missing out.

Comment

woke up with a bad headache again, but went anyway. got some chest work in but kept the weight on the lighter side and just repped it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X