No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney & Aquilla Hunting 2013-2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im sittin out here at lake a beautiful morning. Even had fog. No pigs seen but I just saw the biggest doe ive ever seen. Thought it was a buck

Comment

Where you sitting Justin?

Comment

I hope everyone is ok from that accident. I'm about to chase some crappie, hope we have a morning like this next weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by txbowcm View Post
          seen game warden have to put a small buck down that got hit by a car today look like it would of been a good deer in a couple of years.
          Was that on 22 by the dam? I saw one in the side of the road today.

Comment

A few years back I was working nights and my wife and kids were at plowman camping. Anyhow about a mile or so I came up on a rollover 3 adults and 2 kids I believe it was called 911 and helped them out with what I had . The 2 women involved were of no help the guy was on his belly out cold. Checked for bleeding on those moving and got to the guy before he woke up kept him in that position till help arrived. They cared flighted him and one little girl from the rest stop right before the dam. Never got the full story on that accident and probably never will. So you guys be careful driving out there and while hunting please!

Comment

no it was on the state park road warden loaded it up and hauled it off. I told him i'd take it off his hands for him!!

Comment

New to the forum. Good luck to all this season and be safe.

Comment

Went out last Thursday didn't see much alot of good signs tho

Comment

Did a little scouting around on the bike and was amused at some in the way they choose to put out corn. To the guy by the state park good luck with your set up lol I see many people walking past you first thing opening morning. I did see quite a bit of sign in there but with the amount of folks that will be in that unit this weekend I doubt that place off the main road in the open field is going to have much other than hunters come by.

Comment

Originally posted by slicktricker View Post
                      Did a little scouting around on the bike and was amused at some in the way they choose to put out corn. To the guy by the state park good luck with your set up lol I see many people walking past you first thing opening morning. I did see quite a bit of sign in there but with the amount of folks that will be in that unit this weekend I doubt that place off the main road in the open field is going to have much other than hunters come by.
                      haha

Comment

Welcome to hunting the walking trail at Whitney!!! I like it when they flash their light at you like you are in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by slicktricker View Post

You might be shocked... Could be the best set up in the unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                            You might be shocked... Could be the best set up in the unit.
                            10-4 on that. Sometimes the least expected places in the wide open will produce . I know a few people , who have killed less than 210 yards from parking lots.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              10-4 on that. Sometimes the least expected places in the wide open will produce . I know a few people , who have killed less than 210 yards from parking lots.

Yep

Comment

I've actually got a spot right nearby an entrance with some amazing trailcam pics at Lake A.

You may not like those little "out of the way places", but thats exactly why the deer do!

Comment

Working...
                                X