No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney & Aquilla Hunting 2013-2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like I have a job interview Friday outside of Philly PA but I hope to be back in time for Razorback s bow hunter ed class on sat.

Comment

Philly, long way from here Storm. Cold too.

Comment

But the hunting areas seem to be good. I will let you guys know if I get the job and have to make the move.

Comment

Good luck with the interview.

Comment

You will be four hours from where I grew up. There is a lot of national forest areas up there. They do not have antler restrictions up there either.

Comment

And that's exactly why they have antler restrictions here

Comment

Hey T.O. You know that in NM and West Texas where they have rattle snake round ups, they have discovered a problem. When these snake hunters hear the snake they catch them. What they have found is that kids venturing into these hunted areas they are getting bit by rattle snakes that do not rattle when threatened. They are finding that these snakes are genetically predispositioned to not rattle. In WV where I am from there are deer bigger than deer here in TX, and you ain't going to drive your truck up to them to pick it up either. My concern with antler restrictions is similar to the snake issue. Eventually the genetics will become diluted to the point the big one will be fewer and further between. just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGun View Post
                  Hey T.O. You know that in NM and West Texas where they have rattle snake round ups, they have discovered a problem. When these snake hunters hear the snake they catch them. What they have found is that kids venturing into these hunted areas they are getting bit by rattle snakes that do not rattle when threatened. They are finding that these snakes are genetically predispositioned to not rattle. In WV where I am from there are deer bigger than deer here in TX, and you ain't going to drive your truck up to them to pick it up either. My concern with antler restrictions is similar to the snake issue. Eventually the genetics will become diluted to the point the big one will be fewer and further between. just a thought.
                  wow, I think that's for another discussion in another forum. theres plenty over in the game management and campfire sections. you do have a new to me and interesting point tho.

and I don't know who killed what before I got there in that group of turks. as far as I know its the only group for a quite a ways. only ones ive heard in almost a mile. im gonna try again in the morning. we'll see what happens.

Comment

Yes I'm from west Texas near Colorado city where the big round up is.

Comment

Beautiful Friday morning. Sitting here at the Home Depot parking lot in Cleburne. About to go inside. Thought I'd check to see if this thing would pick up wy-phy. Guess it's still good for that.

Comment

TG you sound like your having more fun than me. I'm on shift at the FD today, already getting slammed on the ambulance! O the joys of being a paramedic.

Comment

Originally posted by team obsession View Post
                          TG you sound like your having more fun than me. I'm on shift at the FD today, already getting slammed on the ambulance! O the joys of being a paramedic.
                          Maybe or not. But I bet you are certainly doing "the greater good"

Comment

If that's what you wanna call it
                            I lost my lease so looks like ill be out on the corp alot more this year.

Comment

Originally posted by team obsession View Post
                              If that's what you wanna call it
                              I lost my lease so looks like ill be out on the corp alot more this year.
                              Whad ya do? Shoot the biggest deer on the lease?

Every body knows you never shoot the biggest deer on the lease, unless your the lease boss. It's kind of an unwritten rule. You can come join my lease when I can afford and become a lease boss again . Then you can kill culls all you want, with-in state guidelines of course.

When I was a lease boss on the last one, everybody knew after they signed on not to shoot the biggest deer. For some strange reason, no one ever wanted to renew their lease . Some even left early . Oh well. Just made more room for me . But I never had a problem refilling spots, when everyone saw the pics of the big ol deer I was always kill-n.

I jest, I jest!!!
                              Last edited by Texas Grown; 04-26-2014, 10:37 AM.

Comment

TO, I've been away for a while, but will try to see if I can help find you a lease. Can't promise anything. Been so busy with work and taking care of an ill family member that's recuperating from strokes and now cancer surgery.

Comment

Working...
                                X