Lake Whitney & Aquilla Hunting 2013-2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dublhaul View Post
    Has the lake level come up anymore since yesterday?

this is a great website.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

I'm not seeing much change in either the A or W lakes since yesterday. But, the daily readings may not have been posted yet. Maybe after noon time.

The A lake did come up about 7" yesterday. Still down 6.5 feet.

Comment

Lots of teal flying today on lake a but none would come to decoy they were flying high and southbound like they were trying to get somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by cpadgett View Post
            Lots of teal flying today on lake a but none would come to decoy they were flying high and southbound like they were trying to get somewhere
            they were trying to get somewhere. who knows where. wherever it was it wasnt where you were. i know the feeling....

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
              I'm not seeing much change in either the A or W lakes since yesterday. But, the daily readings may not have been posted yet. Maybe after noon time.

The A lake did come up about 7" yesterday. Still down 6.5 feet.
              What website do you use for water level updates?

Comment

Check the Lake Aquilla Corp website. It has the lake elevation on the front page.

Comment

Looks like Aquilla is 6.54 low

Comment

Originally posted by dublhaul View Post
                    What website do you use for water level updates?
                    I use the Ft. Worth ACE district web sight. All credit goes to ACE for the info I post, and have posted here.

click here

Then click on recreation for each project's (lake) home page. Each project's home page will give you current data under Lake Elevation/Gate Opening Information.

From the ACE home page, you can research data per project by clicking on Hydrological Data in the left box. It will then take you to a page where you can research data history in various formats pending the project you choose and variables or limits for the data you choose.

You can also click on the Daily Reports in the left box on the home page and it will give additional info on what you might want.

I have found the info they provide useful in the past when planning a visit to various projects. That way, I kinda know what to expect when I get there, and over the time I spend there.

Currently, the whole upper Brazos River basin is pretty dry despite what other basins are doing. The upper Brazos River Basin stretches all the way into the lower pan handle of Texas.

I also studied Geology as my science electives in college. I found it very interesting. Thought it would go good with my BBA, with a core area in Real Estate.
                    Last edited by Texas Grown; 09-21-2013, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Thanks TG.

Comment

Don't sound good, anyone have any details? Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379819814.056418.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	24247564
                        Last edited by Peacock; 09-21-2013, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Hadnt heard anything until reading this. Prayers up hoping no one was seriously injured.

HG

Comment

That is right between Whitney and Peoria north of 22. Just northeast of Aquilla.
                            Last edited by Texas Grown; 09-21-2013, 09:43 PM.

Comment

seen game warden have to put a small buck down that got hit by a car today look like it would of been a good deer in a couple of years.

Comment

Nothing online that I can find for an accident anybody else find anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X