Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

List the Corona Virus Cancellations affecting you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't been affected yet.

Comment

Was tagging along for some Alumni event of my GF's in SA. Luckily, it was cancelled. Only way I've been affected so far.

Originally posted by clintb View Post
      Can you not use books and research for clarification?? You know, old school
      Trying to teach yourself DiffEq from a book with nobody to guide you (or very minimally) is near impossible. I tried during a Summer course online. It is 100% not the same. Give the link a read through. Like trying to teach yourself a language you dont speak. Took it in class the following semester and aced it.

"Old School?" You mean before online classes? When you had face-to-face interactions with teachers?

Last edited by BlackHogDown; 03-12-2020, 08:26 AM.

Comment

I've got a bear hunt booked and paid for with a "no cancellation policy" for the first week of May in Saskatchewan. Looks like I'll be driving instead of flying at the rate we're going. Hope the Canadian border stays open til then.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
          Absolutely not the same. You are not able to ask questions on online classes. Whenever you are in upper level classes, such as accounting or finance courses, being able to clarify can be the difference between pass or fail.

I also go to tech and agree with you. I’m in the Ag Economics department and there are several GOF professors that completely refuse to use technology, so I’m really curious how these online-only classes will go. I’ve also taken several online classes, and my general consensus is that you learn very little, but they still get you the credits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by clintb View Post
            Can you not use books and research for clarification?? You know, old school
            So I need to pay extra for books and study materials because of a media hyped virus? What am I paying tuition for?
            You realize your “old school” tuition didn’t cost as much as what we pay now, right?

Comment

just got word the Chris Stapleton concert has been "postponed" sucks, I had free suite tickets...

Comment

It appears something is in the works to shut down my wife's school district for at least the next three weeks. It's preliminary as they are out on Spring Break.

Comment

All I know is if the Masters gets cancelled over a media hyped virus that has killed about the same number of people in American that Jeffrey Dahmer ATE I am not going to be happy

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
                    I also go to tech and agree with you. I’m in the Ag Economics department and there are several GOF professors that completely refuse to use technology, so I’m really curious how these online-only classes will go. I’ve also taken several online classes, and my general consensus is that you learn very little, but they still get you the credits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Yep, some of my professors have already said they will have to change the grading structure and might not be able to have exams since we use the testing center in the business school which will now be closed. Even the professors disagree with the decision of going to online courses for the upper level courses.

Comment

I am leaving for a week to go to the Bahamas on the 22nd! Hope i can get out of the country... at the rate this is escalating you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                        All I know is if the Masters gets cancelled over a media hyped virus that has killed about the same number of people in American that Jeffrey Dahmer ATE I am not going to be happy
                        I have tickets this year! I started to panic a little yesterday as they were canceling events!!!

Comment

My wife made me cancel my cruise to Alaska and flights to Kentucky.

Comment

Nothing, yet..

What sucks for me is everyone is getting to stay home from work and cancelled events.. this means people will be forced to see each other and they realize they dont like each other anymore..lol..

I'm gonna place my bets on a tremendous spike in domestic violence calls in next 2-6 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                              Absolutely not the same. You are not able to ask questions on online classes. Whenever you are in upper level classes, such as accounting or finance courses, being able to clarify can be the difference between pass or fail.
                              Man, I see your point and I do value the importance of being in a face to face class over an online class. However, you can always email the prof or talk to them on phone to get your questions answered.

Comment

Originally posted by MagicBlade View Post
                                My wife made me cancel my cruise to Alaska and flights to Kentucky.
                                You're married to a smart lady.

Comment

Working...
                                X