Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List the Corona Virus Cancellations affecting you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

canceled trip to NYC to visit my 78 year old Dad I have not seen in years which was to happen in two weeks. Will wait to see what comes and reschedule as soon as I can.

Comment

Looks like Weston's make a wish foundation week long trip to Disney is going to be canceled. He's been so excited about it going to break my heart to tell him.

Sucks about the rodeo and kids, I showed there several years, a lot of hard work goes into that.

Comment

My wife works for a senior living center and we were just told that we cannot go on our Vegas vacation in two weeks unless we are planning for her to stay at home for 14 days after we get back....unpaid.

Comment

If they are cancelling HLSR and colleges as well as prohibiting spectors for major sporting events, how long before they cancel grade school?
          Last edited by Fargus; 03-11-2020, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Weeks won’t matter, this is going to go on for several months before real ground is made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
              Texas Tech professors today were talking about the possibility of the same thing happening here.
              My issue, as well as every other student's issue, is we pay a lot of money to attend classes and learn and there is no way we get the same level of education through online classes. Schools better be ready to start issuing partial refunds for the classes since we will lose all the benefits on campus that we pay for through tuition. Not to mention talk of pushing back school or even cancelling completely. Absolutely ridiculous.
              Lol. It’s the same material and it’s cheaper to take a class in person than it is online since they are not making you pay the lab fees.i think courts are shutting down for the rest of the month

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                Weeks won’t matter, this is going to go on for several months before real ground is made.

That's what I'm trying to understand. What does pushing things 2 weeks do?

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                  That's what I'm trying to understand. What does pushing things 2 weeks do?

Unless the doubling effect decreases significantly, it won’t do much if anything. It’s a panic move.

Comment

List the Corona Virus Cancellations affecting you.

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                    Just got word TCU does not want the boy back from Spring Break...guess we are on stand by & if it will go to online classes.

The Ranch radio just said the rest of the Spring semester

Comment

Nothing for me really as I don't have anything planned with big crowds right now... My wife, as a college prof, is in the beginning stages having to switch all her classes to online mode. She's taught plenty of them so no big deal for her but there are kids even in this day and age that don't have internet so that could be a problem.

Wonder how many wives are "inconvenienced" with the thought of staying away from nail salons..

Comment

USATF Masters Indoor Championship was scheduled for March 13-15 at LSU. Canceled today!

Comment

Was going to compete in the International Federation of Bodybuilding championships in the Pro Division. Was the favorite to win it all this year too.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                            Lol. It’s the same material and it’s cheaper to take a class in person than it is online since they are not making you pay the lab fees.i think courts are shutting down for the rest of the month
                            Absolutely not the same. You are not able to ask questions on online classes. Whenever you are in upper level classes, such as accounting or finance courses, being able to clarify can be the difference between pass or fail.

Comment

When the first strip club closes due to CV, then you'll know we've collectively lost our ****.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                                Absolutely not the same. You are not able to ask questions on online classes. Whenever you are in upper level classes, such as accounting or finance courses, being able to clarify can be the difference between pass or fail.
                                Gotcha, I see what you're saying. not sure what platform the classes will be given. There are many ways you can take an online class. Hopefully they stick to your allotted time and have it webcam based so you can have more of an interaction with the professor/students.

Comment

Working...
                                X