Sirloin from a horse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
    I couldn’t do it. I guess being around horses so much and getting to know them and their personalities you grow attached. I know every one of Riley’s horses have become more than animals.

Let me know if gator stumbles. I’ll eat that SOB![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tried it in Italy a few years back.
      Not bad. Pretty sweet.
      Attached Files

Comment

I would eat it.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          let me know if gator stumbles. I’ll eat that sob![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
          🤣

Comment

Loved it, but was soaked in butter.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
              If meat gets too scarce some of you slow guys with good “marbling” better look out!
              HEY!! [emoji7]
              I resemble this remark :-)

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                Let me know if gator stumbles. I’ll eat that SOB![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Brutal [emoji23]

Comment

I would eat it in a second. Facinated in the psychology of it with regards to Americans eating it

Comment

haven't tried horse 'meat' ... just liver .... raw
                    not something i would make a point to try again, but wasn't too bad. would have no problem giving muscle a try if the opportunity was right

Comment

Nope. Wouldn’t eat my dog either, unless I was starving and out of bullets.
                      But in that scenario a little seasoning and a mesquite fire, then okay!

Comment

Sirloin from a horse?

Did not read it all...

I have heard that horse is good. I wouldn’t go butcher one, but I’d definitely try it.

Some horses can be noble, most are just another ruminant critter.

If you’ll eat a chicken, or a sheep, but not a horse....you aren’t paying attention.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
                          I’d eat it if I were served it, or had a chance to try it cheap. If it’s good and I could buy it for $1-2/lb, I’d use it over beef.

Slow cooking it for 20 hrs in that menu doesn’t bode well though, a brisket only needs 12!
                          The menu said marinated for 20 hours & grilled.

Comment

I’ll stir this pot a little further. I’d be in favor of them reclassifying mustangs as the feral livestock they actually are, and letting us go after them like any other of the well-populated big critters that roam the West. When it comes to stacking meat in the freezers, how does a 2 or 3 year old mare compare to the pile of meat you get off a bull elk?

Comment

I guess I fall into the pass bunch. Times would have to get reeeeeeeally bad for me to eat transportation!!!

Always heard in the old days things were dire when you had to eat the horses...

Comment

Sirloin from a horse?

I have no use for those hay burners, and would dang sure eat one if times got tough.

I would try it right now, just to see if I liked it.

Comment

Working...
                                X