No announcement yet.

Sirloin from a horse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve had horses my whole life. Just don’t think I could bring myself to eat one, but I guess if times got tough enough I would. Good thing we have a couple pastures full of cows to eat before we would have to start eating horses.

Comment

I’d eat it if I were served it, or had a chance to try it cheap. If it’s good and I could buy it for $1-2/lb, I’d use it over beef.

Slow cooking it for 20 hrs in that menu doesn’t bode well though, a brisket only needs 12!

Comment

Last time I ate horse was in Japan, that sumbitch was tougher than boot leather and tasted like back strap molasses. I kinda figgered the one I was eating off of gave up pulling a plow and stepped in front of the bus.

They called it sacurie nica, or somthin, I called it Mr. Ed. It is real red meat and you have to tell them fools to cook it or they will sling it on a plate straight out of the ice box.

I tried to doctor it up with some sauce, but they is only so much you can do with a tird. I ended up throwing my horse steak under the chair, I did not want to offend them folks over there.
        Last edited by Radar; 05-07-2020, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Worked over in Kazhakstan and ate it several times. Really good flavor and tender. Going thru the Green Market in Almaty was an experience!!!

Comment

I’d be in to try it. Heard it’s great

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
              Last time I ate horse was in Japan, that sumbitch was tougher than boot leather and tasted like back strap molasses. I kinda figgered the one I was eating off of gave up pulling a plow and stepped in front of the bus.

They called sacurie nica, or somthin, I called it Mr. Ed. It is real red meat and you have to tell them fools to cook it or they will sling it on a plate straight out of the ice box.

I tried to doctor it up with some sauce, but they is only so much you can do with a ****.

This was hilarious, I’ve seen it in the Far East as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had zebra tenderloin and it was tip top.

Comment

I would have no problem eating horse meat.

Comment

I’d try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve had it. I work in Kazakhstan and it’s common there.

It wasn’t bad. I preferred it cooked like a steak.

There were other ways it was prepared I didn’t like.

Comment

I love my horse!

My wife's horse... I picture over a fire. I'd eat that SOB and enjoy every minute of it.

Comment

If meat gets too scarce some of you slow guys with good “marbling” better look out!

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post

They called it sacurie nica, or somthin, I called it Mr. Ed. It is real red meat and you have to tell them fools to cook it or they will sling it on a plate straight out of the ice box.

I tried to doctor it up with some sauce, but they is only so much you can do with a tird. I ended up throwing my horse steak under the chair, I did not want to offend them folks over there.
                            Jeff, you are really gonna have to stop being so shy and tell us how you really feel !

Comment

I had horse in Switzerland. It was delicious.

Comment

People get too attached to animals. Pigs are closer to humans in terms of diet and gastrointestinal tract than a horse ever thought about being.

I’ve never had anyone offer horse meat, but I’d gladly try it.

Comment

Working...
                                X