Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Sirloin from a horse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexOddball View Post
    I’ll stir this pot a little further. I’d be in favor of them reclassifying mustangs as the feral livestock they actually are, and letting us go after them like any other of the well-populated big critters that roam the West. When it comes to stacking meat in the freezers, how does a 2 or 3 year old mare compare to the pile of meat you get off a bull elk?
    They are doing a ton of damage to fragile ecosystems. All because Congress passed a law and they can't be managed in a responsible way.

Also, they kept faking me out on an elk hunt. I'd catch them with the naked eye at a distance and get all excited then get let down when I got the glass on them. It was emotionally trying.

Comment

I eat horse in a heartbeat. Would actually like to try some. I was mule deer hunting south of Van Horn, TX one time and they were all over. Could have shot 10 of them at least. Probably should have, never laid eyes on a mule deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nay !

Comment

I have had dog, cat, and horse oversea not bad. You just have to change your mind set!

Comment

Ill eat about most anything twice, but never had horse.

Could I kill one and butcher it? or is there some law on the books that says I cant?

Comment

I don’t like horses, would love to see what they taste like though

Comment

I'd pass.

Comment

I don't know if it's true or not but my dad claimed that years ago Jack in the Box used it in their burgers.

I've eaten dog in China, Horse wouldn't bother me.

Comment

Comment

I couldn’t do it, but not because I think it would taste bad. Just because I’ve always looked at horses like I look at dogs, they’re pets not food.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbman View Post
                        Tried it in Italy a few years back.
                        Not bad. Pretty sweet.
                        Thats from all the sweet feed they had him on

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                          I have had dog, cat, and horse oversea not bad. You just have to change your mind set!
                          The whole time I was in Honduras we had no menu. We ate what got put on the table. You have to just start eating and not think.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
                            Ill eat about most anything twice, but never had horse.

Could I kill one and butcher it? or is there some law on the books that says I cant?
                            You can't kill one.

1971 Wild and Free Roaming Horses Act. It is becoming a huge financial burden on the BLM mainly.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                              You can't kill one.

1971 Wild and Free Roaming Horses Act. It is becoming a huge financial burden on the BLM mainly.

Could you legally go buy one and bring it home and butcher? Not that I am going to, just curious the law around it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                                You can't kill one.

I believe this law only applies to Public Land.

Comment

Working...
                                X