Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never ate one, but have known several that deserved the bbq pit

Comment

We raise a few horses but I would not hesitate to eat it.

-john

Comment

Zebra is dam good. I'm sure a non striped horse is no different.

Comment

I've had zebra a few times. I enjoyed it and thought it was really good.

I'd definitely try a regular horse.

Comment

Originally posted by R.W.T View Post
            I’d try it. When I was a kid, I was told the Bible stated you can only eat animals with split hooves. I never did look into it, just have always remembered hearing it.
            It also says no pork, nor any seafood that doesn't have fins and scales. So no crab, no shrimp, no lobsters, no crawfish, no scallops, etc.

Comment

I hate horses with a passion. They more or less cost me my first marriage. I'd volunteer to eat all my ex-wife horses and report back how good they are.

Comment

Horse lovers are weird, their humanization is second only to wolfaboos.

Horses are tools. If you take good care of your tools they take better care off you but same time stop paying attention with a table saw or band saw and you loose an appendage.
                Last edited by Texans42; 05-08-2020, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                  Horse lovers are weird, they humanization second only to wolfaboos.

Horses are tools. If you take good care of your tools they take better care off you but same time stop paying attention with a table saw or band saw and you loose an appendage.
                  Yes, but if you have a good fake name and are far away from where you actually live, Horse chicks can be a lot of fun.

Comment

I put in for a wild horse tag in Utah last year, didn't get drawn. Was gonna let the 6.5creed take a long bite. I've always heard it's the stallion of long range hunting! Just messing.. but I'd definitely try some medium rare equine steaks

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

I want to try horse!

Monkey is probably the only animal I don't want to try.

Comment

Ate zebra in Africa, not bad. They eat a lot of it in Mexico. I have been trying to get my Cowboy over there to get us some steaks but he says he keeps forgetting. He doesn't forget anything else? I think its because if he brings those steaks we wont be eating one of the 2" ribeyes I bring from the house that night!

Comment

Good in gumbo...tastes like spotted owl (from what I hear)

Comment

I’d eat the ***** out of a skunk if it taste good.

Comment

I wouldn't eat my horse, but I'd eat yours.

I had a buddy in college that went to Laredo Junior College for a year to play baseball. We'll call him Mark. He knew all the good joints in Nuevo Laredo. We went over there to party one night and start looking for a place to eat around 2 AM. He says he has a good taco place.

We stumble in and set to ordering tacos. He is the only one that speaks any Spanish, and I tell him to order for us. We watch em shave meat off a rotating vertical spit for al pastor (though I didn't know the difference between al pastor and Al Pacino at the time). We start eating and they are delicious, but different. One of the dudes we are with asks the proprietor what kind of meat that was. "Carne de res." which means beef. I am thinking to my self, this ain't no beef but who cares it is delicious. I look up at Mark and he has a big **** eatin' grin. The proprietor's 5 year old walks up and offers to sell us chicle. I ask him what kind of meat was on that spit that I point to. He says, "Caballo."

It was great and would eat again.
                              Last edited by El General; 05-08-2020, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                                I've heard several people say zebra is some of the best meat in Africa.
                                I ate Zebra it was awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X