No announcement yet.

You're fired!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

President Donald Trump fired acting Attorney General Sally Yates as conflict escalated over his executive order banning entry to the U.S. by citizens of seven predominantly Muslim nations.

Yates, an Obama administration holdover, was ousted Monday just hours after she told Justice Department staff not to defend the ban in court because she didn’t think it was legal. The White House said in a statement she was removed for “refusing to enforce a legal order designed to protect the citizens of the United States.”

Trump quickly named another Obama appointee to the post, Dana Boente, the U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, who instructed the department’s lawyers to defend the immigration ban against legal challenges. Boente would stay until Trump’s choice for Attorney General, Jeff Sessions, is confirmed by the Senate -- though Democrats are vowing a vicious fight to block the nomination.

Comment

Something positive for another discussion not much heard on TV is
      President Donald Trump told drugmakers at a White House meeting Tuesday they were charging too much and promised to get better bargains for government health programs, in addition to finding ways to get new medicines to market faster.

“The pricing has been astronomical,” Trump said to chief executives of some of the world’s biggest drugmakers, who came to Washington after his criticism of the industry earlier this month sent drug and biotechnology stocks plunging. “You folks have done a very great job over the years but we have to get the prices down.”

Trump has threatened to have the government negotiate prices directly with the industry on behalf of Medicare and Medicaid, which are some of the world’s biggest purchasers of health-care products and services and cover tens of millions of Americans. “Competition is key to lowering drug prices,” the president said.

At the same time, Trump promised to slash regulations, get new treatments to market faster at the Food and Drug Administration, and increase international competition. “We’re going to streamline FDA; we have a fantastic person” that will be announced to lead the agency soon, Trump said. He also promised to cut taxes on business and lure companies back to the U.S.

Investors responded positively to those comments, and the Nasdaq Biotechnology Index was up 1 percent at 10:07 a.m. in New York, while the Standard and Poor’s 500 Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology & Life Sciences Index rose 0.8 percent.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
        He isn't making laws. The order is completely legal within current laws. What would be wrong is for a President to tell agencies to defy and ignore federal immigration laws. Good thing that hasn't ever happened because people would be in an uproar.

I know that, and I don't disagree with any of the orders. But EO's were something that I was leery about with bo and I still am.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          What did you guys want him to do? The Commander in Chief simply can't have people that high up defy him. Was he supposed to take his time and let the firing process go through government bureaucracy?

And I hope he doesn't slow down. He needs to keep doing everything he said he would as fast as he can.

Maybe you misunderstood me and my position. The firing is something I'm am perfectly fine with. He needs to appoint and surround himself with competent patriots like he has. I agree with the orders so far and they are needed to undo bo's crap, but I want the process of lawmaking to resemble what I learned from school house rock.

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
            Maybe you misunderstood me and my position. The firing is something I'm am perfectly fine with. He needs to appoint and surround himself with competent patriots like he has. I agree with the orders so far and they are needed to undo bo's crap, but I want the process of lawmaking to resemble what I learned from school house rock.

It will as soon as he gets done ridding our system of Obamas numerous EO's
            Nearly all of which put the screws to the citizens of this country

Comment

Originally posted by Riceguy View Post
              Seriously, this is a real comment. Trump banned people with green cards and visas from entering the country - people who had a legal right to be in the US! This firing is not something to be applauded - she upheld the Constitution of the United States. She is not "Obama's lackey," she worked with President Bush as well.

This forum has become a hotbed for people with no perspective at all. Do you understand what it means to be in this country legally? How can you not see that this has lasting consequences when President Trump decides he wants a random group of people out of the country. People who have a legal right to be in the US were denied entry into the country this weekend!

He gave 850+ waivers to those who were approved prior to his EO...

By the way, saying that someone is not Obama's lackey and then saying she worked with Bush isn't going to get you very far, that family wanted Hillary to win...

Comment

what took me so long to get logged in this morning ?!?!? this thread is just plain GOOD

it's amazing that the last week or so, i actually ENJOY watching the news.

Rock on D.T.

Comment

Originally posted by clayg08 View Post
                  what took me so long to get logged in this morning ?!?!? this thread is just plain GOOD

it's amazing that the last week or so, i actually ENJOY watching the news.

Rock on D.T.

Comment

Me too. Enjoy reading or seeing something in the news about DT doing or at least trying to do what he said he would. He will not be able to accomplish all he said he would but he will at least seem to try. America first

Comment

Telling the boss no is not very smart.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                        No. I exercised my constitutional right not to vote for either of the two clowns.
                        then stfu

Comment

Thanks for having my back...

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                          He gave 850+ waivers to those who were approved prior to his EO...

By the way, saying that someone is not Obama's lackey and then saying she worked with Bush isn't going to get you very far, that family wanted Hillary to win...
                          Yes she was appointed Deputy AG by Obama...she is/was Obama's lackey. She decided to play hardball and Trump fired her for insubordination. Case closed...

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
                            then stfu
                            Nice addition to the discussion. You type that during class or did you get a break in between lunch and study hall?

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                              Nice addition to the discussion. You type that during class or did you get a break in between lunch and study hall?
                              I'm typing it at work, I can because I'm the GM so your point?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
                                I'm typing it at work, I can because I'm the GM so your point?
                                My point was you were rude and childish...like a punk kid in school, because someone didn't agree with or vote the exact same way you did. The guy didn't say he didn't vote. He said he didn't vote for hillary or trump.

Comment

Working...
                                X