Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2017 TBH cyclists thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knucklehead View Post
    I'm going to veer off a little here, but stay on the bike topic. Do any of y'all have any experiences with the clipless to platform adapters like fly pedals? I have SPD pedals on my mountain and gravel bikes.
    That's not veering off at all my friend. I never knew these existed until you mentioned. Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to buy a set for sure!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJw5GTujS_A"]Fly Pedals Version 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by KRB View Post
      hey bro, I just pulled the trigger on mountain bike. What you got ?

2016 Jamis Renegade Expert 54"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

More Snow

Fat bike race in Traverse City, Mi today. Epic conditions and fairly warm (by local standards!)
        Riding single-file in the singletrack, lost the front end when the group suddenly slowed, bent rotor and mildly concussed.
        Finished the lap and bagged it. Bummed to dnf but a beautiful day to be on the bike!

Comment

I'm in the market for a large frame Mtb with 29" wheels and disk brakes if anybody has one collecting dust.

Comment

I had a good ride today. The temps in Kansas were well above seasonal. I did a total of 48 miles and the first 30 I averaged 20.1mph...not bad for my first road ride for the new year.
            Last edited by the preacherman; 02-11-2017, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
              2016 Jamis Renegade Expert 54"

Wish I had known a week ago, I would have had a look. Maybe in the future.

Supposed to be a short gravel ride from Weatherford to Mineral Wells either next Sunday or the following.

This is my new toy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	marin hawk hill.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	285.8 KB
ID:	24485107

Comment

Originally posted by the preacherman View Post
                I had a good ride today. The temps in Kansas were well above seasonal. I did a total of 48 miles and the first 30 I averaged 20.1mph...not bad for my first road ride for the new year.

Smoking fast ride, congrats Mark!

Comment

Originally posted by KRB View Post
                  Wish I had known a week ago, I would have had a look. Maybe in the future.

Supposed to be a short gravel ride from Weatherford to Mineral Wells either next Sunday or the following.

This is my new toy.

[ATTACH]840838[/ATTACH]
                  Nice ride !!

I've done the ride from Weatherford to Mineral Wells before and it's pretty nice.

Comment

I finally got back in tri bike after 2 year hiatus. I'll do a new FTP later in week. Almost scared to see how bad it is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech Lefty View Post
                      Smoking fast ride, congrats Mark!
                      Thanks my friend. I turned 58 this year and I'm looking forward to a new year. I was off the bike for a couple of months because of a severe groin strain. I'm never going to go to a trampoline park with a bunch of teens again!!!

Anyhow I lost a lot of the fitness I had worked so hard to gain. I am just now beginning to get it back. 7sdad and I are scheduled to do the LandRun 100 gravel grinder in Stillwater, OK on March 11.

It's the race a lot of our guys here in Emporia, KS go to as the first gravel grinder of the year just to see where we are fitness wise before the DK200 here in Emporia.

I'm probably going to do the Hotter N Hell 100 road race this year instead of just the ride.

I came in 19th out of the 405 riders in my age group this year at the Hotter N Hell with a 21.5mph avg and came in 115 overall.

I was really kinda disappointed in the finish. I got caught up in three different wrecks in the pelaton and when the pelaton got separated because of the wrecks I always got caught in the back group. Which means I lost the lead pack three different times. I finally burned so many matches trying to catch up by myself that I couldn't finish strong.

I had one stretch where I averaged 25 mph for about 10 miles trying to catch up and that did me in.

And just 7 days later I did the Gorilla Century in Pittsburgh, KS and came in second with an average of 21.6mph. Myself and 3 others broke away from the pelaton at about mile 60 and pelaton could never catch back up. I'm going to tell you that four guys averaging 23mph for 40 miles was a killer. We pretty much limped in the last 2 miles.

It's going to be a great year. Get out there and knock some miles down brother and hope to see you down in Texas sometime!

Comment

I just bought a Specialized Rockhopper 29 comp. I hope to put some trail miles on it this weekend.

Comment

Great week end for it!

Comment

Well, I pulled the ole tri bike out of retirement with a plan to do an FTP test this morning and the odds were stacked against me. Dead batteries on power meter, head unit, Di battery, and HRM. Got all changed out and then had to recalibrate everything. Attempted to do an hour ride with 2 8min test but crashed and burned.

Comment

Comment

Bownanza Group Ride/Run?

Will there be a group workout of any sort at Bownanza?

Comment

Working...
                                X