No announcement yet.

2017 TBH cyclists thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone is interested.. I help put on the CF cycle for life. Its a charity ride in Flower Mound. Will be in sept this year. Would love to have some of you all out.

Comment

Originally posted by J.Shoot View Post
      I have ridden on the trainer and rollers a few times, Kelli is really working hard and has been riding pretty regularly inside.... We are both ready to get back outside though.... Waiting for the weather to cooperate a little more.

J.Shoot
      Definitely tired of the trainer and rollers...Not my favorite but gotta do something. I'm very ready to get back outside though. Nothing like riding my bike with the man I love....well, maybe behind him

Comment

Originally posted by the preacherman View Post
        I put in 55 miles Friday in 31 degrees with 2150 feet of elevation climb crunching gravel roads today. I averaged 188 watts. It was an easy endurance ride scheduled for 175 watts avg.

Comment

I gotta get back on my bike. I rode good for a while, but got out of the routine and I haven't been able to get back at it. I have my mtn bike so riding on the roads isn't the easiest but I used to every now and then. I used to ride Big Cedar in Dallas a few times a week, need to get back out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. JS View Post
            Lol...if you live in Kansas you have to get used to riding in the cold if you don't want to be stuck in the trainer all winter long.

Comment

Originally posted by the preacherman View Post
              Lol...if you live in Kansas you have to get used to riding in the cold if you don't want to be stuck in the trainer all winter long.
              Well I ride the trainer quite a bit during the winter...I'm a wuss Mark and I did take a trip to Alaska one year and cycled quite a bit, usually the temps were in the 50-60's though

Comment

I've got 282 miles on the year so far... a little behind pace for my goal of 3,650, but to be expected this time of year.

Texas Mountain Bike Racing Association State Championship Series starts this weekend in Smithville. I'm registered and getting amped up!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  Yeah, about the time it gets warm enough to ride your bike without dressing like you are going snowmobiling, those strong south winds kick up and blow for two months straight!
                  The wind is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. JS View Post
                    Well I ride the trainer quite a bit during the winter...I'm a wuss Mark and I did take a trip to Alaska one year and cycled quite a bit, usually the temps were in the 50-60's though
                    I detest the trainer. Last year I got so sick of the trainer that I bundled up one Saturday and went for a 50 mile ride in 11 degree weather with a 20 mph wind. I don't know if I would do that again but I sure get tired of cold weather.
                    Last edited by the preacherman; 02-06-2017, 05:37 PM. Reason: Left off a link

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                      I gotta get back on my bike. I rode good for a while, but got out of the routine and I haven't been able to get back at it. I have my mtn bike so riding on the roads isn't the easiest but I used to every now and then. I used to ride Big Cedar in Dallas a few times a week, need to get back out there.

Big cedar is closed now. I hear there is some land owners disputes going on

Comment

Originally posted by progolferv1 View Post
                        Big cedar is closed now. I hear there is some land owners disputes going on

Oh dang, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by ATXBowhunter View Post
                          What spring tri are you doing in May? Is it the Beginner' Tri in Austin at Decker Lake? It's a 'super-sprint' Tri but I usually use it to kick off my season.
                          It is a Sprint tri in the Woodlands in May. Cbi I think. If I don't get swimming figured out it won't matter because I'll drown!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KRB View Post
                            I am about to get back at it.

Thinking of getting a gravel bike this year, I moved to Mineral Wells and its a lot of rocky roads.
                            I've been riding a little and start with a coach today to help me get ready for two century gravel races in a few months.

Ken I have a good gravel bike for sale if your interested.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                              I've been riding a little and start with a coach today to help me get ready for two century gravel races in a few months.

Ken I have a good gravel bike for sale if your interested.
                              hey bro, I just pulled the trigger on mountain bike. What you got ?

Comment

I'm going to veer off a little here, but stay on the bike topic. Do any of y'all have any experiences with the clipless to platform adapters like fly pedals? I have SPD pedals on my mountain and gravel bikes.

Comment

Working...
                                X