Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2017 TBH cyclists thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys! I can happily (finally) post on this thread. I have been wanting to compete in a triathlon for - literally - years now. Looks like I may, may get my chance this year. My wife got me a road bike for Christmas and I had it put together at my local bike shop. Love the place. Prices seem high, to me, but of course I'm new to the sport and culture, so it could be the norm.

Anyway, I took it out to the park near my work yesterday for some test riding. Well, test riding turned into riding for a workout and it's very safe to say I'm addicted. I'm going to be doing my best to really hammer the miles, because for a while this is all the endurance I can do. I am still fighting potential compartment syndrome in my right leg, so running any distance is off the table. But, I'm so excited to have a bike. I want to get in the strava group, too. I have the app and I'm going to try to track my first ride on Thursday.

Here's my bike:

Comment

I took most of November and December off because of injury. I lost a lot of fitness but am back at it 5 days a week again. My CTL is building back fast as is my FTP. I have a four hour easy endurance ride tomorrow scheduled at 175 watts. I'm looking towards Ironman Kentucky after the DK200 here in Kansas this year.

Comment

Been riding about 6 months, not sure what I'm doing yet , just getting into it and having fun !!!

Comment

Originally posted by buckwild17 View Post
          Been riding about 6 months, not sure what I'm doing yet , just getting into it and having fun !!!
          That's what it's all about...

Gonna hit the trails again today for my second ride. Trying to do my best to not let life get in the way.

Comment

Life has gotten in the way of my riding. My wife and I spend all of our time chasing kids. Kids are having fun though so I guess that is all that matters

Comment

Just raced Fat Bike Nationals last weekend. No snow on the ground, so pretty much a cyclocross race with a few icy turns. Didn't crash, wasn't last!

Moving back to TX this month, might get one more Fat Bike race in before I pack up and head south.

Looking forward to some sunshine and getting my tan lines back. I've been living off leftover fitness from a fall IM, racing on the weekends, and a few treadmill and trainer workouts during the week.

Road, crit, mtb, and multi sport racing is all on tap for the season. Only definite thing on the calendar right now is the biathlon at Flat Rock Ranch in June. There's a run biathlon, a mtb biathlon, and a combined overall. Bring your .22s and come play!

Jet Black - If you're going to spend that much on a Dimond, why did you spend over a minute mucking around in T1? That would've got you a top 5! :-) What's your hip angle at top dead center? Not in your AG but will try to give you a run for your money on fastest bike split if we end up at the same event.

Comment

Time to start....

I have ridden on the trainer and rollers a few times, Kelli is really working hard and has been riding pretty regularly inside.... We are both ready to get back outside though.... Waiting for the weather to cooperate a little more.

J.Shoot

Comment

I put in 55 miles Friday in 31 degrees with 2150 feet of elevation climb crunching gravel roads today. I averaged 188 watts. It was an easy endurance ride scheduled for 175 watts avg.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Got myself out yesterday in the cold and wind. Only did 15miles but the headwind kicked my arse. I definitely need more time on the saddle.

Comment

I got the SS in. Put it together, took the tubes out and made some minor adjustments for my comfort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I ride a Scott speedster

Comment

walnut creek bike trail

get at Govalle park

Comment

get on at Govalle park and ride all the way to decker lake

Comment

Road today and tracked with Strava for the first time. Learned a valuable lesson I haven't had to remember since flight school. Goes like this...

Wind Sucks.

My ride track is a giant straight line with loops at the ends. Going one way (the uphill version) I was right in the teeth of the wind. Even still, thought I was moving/doing great. Strava told me to go back to the drawing board. But, it was fun. Reading the cyclists training bible and figuring out how to really 'train' to learn to ride for a long time like you 55-100 milers. Long way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by LiftAndShoot View Post
                                Wind Sucks.'
                                Yeah, about the time it gets warm enough to ride your bike without dressing like you are going snowmobiling, those strong south winds kick up and blow for two months straight!

Comment

Working...
                                X