F150: 5.0 or ecoboost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duckhunter2007 View Post
    I drove both the ecoboost and the 5.0, and I couldn't see myself getting a v6. The 5.0 sounds beautiful with a nice roar and the ecoboost sounded like a hybrid. Needless to say I bought the 2015 Fx4 5.0 yesterday.
    Beauty!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dallred View Post
        I have owned both and have a '16 Eco ordered. Eco hands down. More horses and torque. No problems with towing a 31' trailer.
        Not more horses. Just more torque

Comment

Originally posted by dallred View Post
          I have owned both and have a '16 Eco ordered. Eco hands down. More horses and torque. No problems with towing a 31' trailer.
          No. 385 for the 5.0.

Comment

I drove both the ecoboost and the 5.0, and I couldn't see myself getting a v6. The 5.0 sounds beautiful with a nice roar and the ecoboost sounded like a hybrid. Needless to say I bought the 2015 Fx4 5.0 yesterday.
            Yep, if you want a truck that sounds good get the 5.0, if you want one the runs good get the Ecoboost!! Ha ha ha! No stock truck sounds good.

By the way that's a good looking truck.

Comment

Originally posted by TexZ71 View Post
              Yep, if you want a truck that sounds good get the 5.0, if you want one the runs good get the Ecoboost!! Ha ha ha! No stock truck sounds good.

By the way that's a good looking truck.
              I don't think you got my point, Tex. They both run the same other than the ecoboost gets 1-2 mpg better.

Comment

I got worse in the eco by about that.

Comment

I have a 2012 4x4 ecoboost with 120k miles, it has been a great truck, I personally prefer diesels, so I will be making another change again soon. But, I have really enjoyed the truck, it is very smooth and quiet. We normally end up driving the truck to the stand instead of the ranger half the time. If you need/want a truck with any sort of rumble/good exhaust sound, its not for you, in my opinion that's the only leg up on the 5.0 if those two are your only options.

Comment

I don't think you got my point, Tex. They both run the same other than the ecoboost gets 1-2 mpg better.
                    I was just kidding, poking a little fun😉. After driving both I have to disagree with you the Ecoboost does run better but the 5.0 gets better mpg, at least the two I drive.

Comment

What I got out of it was if you are not towing anything the ecoboost gets better fuel mileage, but if you are towing the 5.0 gets way better mileage. Something about the eco is on the boost when towing and sucks the gas. Don't quote me though.

Comment

What I got out of it was if you are not towing anything the ecoboost gets better fuel mileage, but if you are towing the 5.0 gets way better mileage. Something about the eco is on the boost when towing and sucks the gas. Don't quote me though.
                        Well I'm quoting you any ways. LOL! In my personal experience the 5.0 gets better fuel mileage all the time.

Comment

I would agree with this statement...well except for the "way" part. If you tow a lot, and by a lot I mean more than 35% of the time, I'd say get the 5.0 as it may strain the engine less in theory. But if you're like me, and you only tow a bass boat or the likes every couple weeks or so, the ecoboost is better IMO. Like everyone else, I couldn't wrap my brain around a v6 engine, let alone spend $1500 more for it, but I've never felt underpowered in the least hauling a 21ft bass boat. It does lose its fuel economy advantage when towing though.

Comment

Love my 2012 ecoboost xlt 4x4
                            No issues thus far, bought in June 2012 and have 82k miles on it.

Lots of full loads and trailers hauled to our place 5 hours from home.

And I love how quiet it is!!!

I don't need a loud exhaust to feel good about myself and spook game.

Comment

I have a 06 with a 5.4 engine, 185k and still going. So I would go with the 5.0

Comment

Headed to the lease. 5.0

Comment

Working...
                                X