F150: 5.0 or ecoboost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F150: 5.0 or ecoboost?

Thinking about getting a pre owned 2014 f150 crew cab. Anyone have opinions on the 5.0 or the ecoboost? Which would be better? I know some will say, don't buy the Ford, but been ford guy all my life. Just wanted to see if anyone had experience with either engine. Thanks for the help.

I like my 5.0

Comment

I would go 5.0

Comment

I had the ecoboost and wouldn't buy another.

Comment

I have had both now. I really liked the 5.0, but man the eco boost has some nuts, way better pulling power. 40K miles on the Eco now and no issues. The only thing I don't like on the Eco is the sound of the motor, the 5.0 sounds awesome. The Eco is way better sneaking around the ranch. Both are 13 models.

Comment

I've got a 13' with the 5.0. I've not been disappointed. I've heard plenty of people say they'd not buy an Ecoboost again but cannot recall ever hearing someone say that about the 5.0. I've been very happy with mine - bought used with less than 20K and just rolled 40K last week. No issues, good mileage for a truck, ride is comfy, plenty of room.

Comment

Love my Eco.

More power/torque and mileage is awesome too.

Comment

5.0. It's more fun to drive despite the eco having a punchier mid range. And the eco sounds like a garbage disposal.

Comment

5.0. Loved my 2013 fx4. Should have kept that one.

Comment

5.0 I love mine. And it will flat move when you want it too. The only "performance" upgrades I have is a MBRP exhaust. Thinking about putting a cts on it.

Comment

I love my 13 5.0 no complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by Hookem84 View Post
                        I had the ecoboost and wouldn't buy another.
                        this expect I still have mine

Comment

I love my 5.0, my wife loves her Ecoboost. No issues with either

Comment

2014 5.0 here. Love it. I've had 2 5.4s previously. An 04 and a 09. They really dod good on this engine. It will move in a hurry.

Comment

56k on my eco and no issues. Late 13 model

Comment

Working...
                              X