What would you do- Guy walks in Walmart with assult gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
    Call for backup, detain you, disarm you, ask you what you're doing there with an AR, attempt to locate the original caller and see what the exact nature of the complaint is, make contact with the Walmart manager and see if you are welcome there with an AR and if not if they want you CTW'd from the store, run your CCH and see if you're a felon and allowed to have a gun. If you're clean and they don't have a problem with you being there and after speaking with the RP I determine you've commited no offense, give you your gun back and go 10-8. If you've broken the law, you go to jail.

You never know. Maybe I ask what you're doing there and you tell me, " I'm exercising my 2nd Amendment rights!" and although I bite my lip and don't tell you what I really think of your "method" of doing that, I can see what you're doing isn't smart but it is legal.

Or maybe I ask what you're doing and you tell me, "Hunting VC, Charlie is crawling all over the place here in the Mee Kong Delta....." Well now we have a different situation as you might be considered a danger to yourself or others. But of course there are those out there and on this thread that would bristle at police even making contact with that ole boy with a gun over his shoulder and (as evidenced on this thread) feel that we are violating their rights. Of course they'd feel different if Crazy Bob the Vietnam vet had shot and killed their 4 year old son because he thought he was a VC. Then it would be, "why didn't the cops do anything????" SOSDD

There are crazy people everywhere. Y'all don't see them because they stay tucked in their homes (probably typing on this forum ) or y'all see something weird and call 911 as you drive by, leaving us (police) to make contact with them over and over again. I see a couple of them every shift, every agency has their "regulars". They would be easy to spot as I walked in that Walmart because we already know them. It's the devil you don't know that'll get you killed.

I also suspect before too long, open carry of a rifle will be banned and the people doing it right now will be the reason. In my opinion.
    For tha win^^^

Comment

I can certainly understand the frustration of having to respond to calls of a MWAG but I'd think some of that frustration would be directed at the soccer moms placing the calls to report a legal activity. I certainly wouldn't waltz around Wally World with an AR but I also wouldn't waste LEO time calling about someone who hasn't broken any laws. You would think that dispatch would ask the caller if the MWAG is shooting or acting in a threatening manner or just trying to be a youtube hero before actually dispatching officers.

Comment

Originally posted by txsowslayer View Post
        The dangers LEO's face daily are no different than the average person on the street. However, the precentage of criminals they face daily (percentage wise ) is greater. If you don't believe that a "law abiding" citizen should be able to open carry and long arm (side arm for that matter as well) just come out and say it. Please don't hide behind the safety of the situation and how you don't know if they are criminals etc... The truth is your life is no more important than mine or my family (sorry but true) and if carrying a firearm openly or concealed allows me to be better prepared to defend them then that is what I shall do.
        Lol. I wasn't aware citizens:
        -engaged in high speed pursuits
        -handled domestic calls
        -made traffic stops
        -responded to fights in progress
        -engaged barricaded suspects
        And on and on and on.....a day at the office for you bud, is WAY different than a day at the office for me. If you think it's even remotely similar or we face "the same dangers", you are ignorant at best and I can't type what you are at worst.

Since you're new here, I'll enlighten you. I've never once said anything on here about being for citizens not being able to carry guns for protection. I think we should all carry if we're competent enough to do so. When I encounter a CHL holder, I see a "friendly", not a potential enemy. However I hardly ever encounter one, they tend not to be law breakers, not even traffic violations. I have never once disarmed them on a stop, even though by law I can do it.

I am not hiding behind the safety of a situation in order to justify doing what I have to do. By the same token, if it hurts your feelings if I take your gun away momentarily, that's your problem, not mine. SCOTUS has ruled I can do that during a brief detention for my safety. I'm sorry if you disagree, carry on.

Comment

First I have to agree with muddyfuzzy about seeking affirmation, You dramatize the story by calling it an assault gun, I understand you meant assault rifle(look up the definition of assault gun) but that probably wasn't an assault rifle he was carrying either. Second, judging by some of the reply's the libtards have SOME of us right where they want us, questioning ourselves about when and where to exercise our 2nd Amendment rights. Yeah that's right just keep it in the shadows and before too long it will be an illegal activity.

Comment

Originally posted by vpost View Post
            First I have to agree with muddyfuzzy about seeking affirmation, You dramatize the story by calling it an assault gun, I understand you meant assault rifle(look up the definition of assault gun) but that probably wasn't an assault rifle he was carrying either. Second, judging by some of the reply's the libtards have SOME of us right where they want us, questioning ourselves about when and where to exercise our 2nd Amendment rights. Yeah that's right just keep it in the shadows and before too long it will be an illegal activity.

Yep with fellow gun owners like some of these who even needs the opposition. It all starts with reporting people at wal mart, but whats the difference if the guy was exiting his vehicle on the side of the road to walk in the woods? Its all in the publics eye right?

Its funny how we can be our own worst enemy sometimes. Then one day we will be looking back on the times when we used to be able to legally own guns thinking, guess that guy in public excercising his rights wasnt that crazy after all.

Comment

Originally posted by chopsknives View Post
              It's prolly a real AR! My twins best friend his Mom works at Wallyworld and says more and more people are walkin in with them with the clip in every day.
              It's a magazine man. Get with the program

Comment

Lol. I wasn't aware citizens:
                -engaged in high speed pursuits
                -handled domestic calls
                -made traffic stops
                -responded to fights in progress
                -engaged barricaded suspects
                And on and on and on.....a day at the office for you bud, is WAY different than a day at the office for me. If you think it's even remotely similar or we face "the same dangers", you are ignorant at best and I can't type what you are at worst.

Since you're new here, I'll enlighten you. I've never once said anything on here about being for citizens not being able to carry guns for protection. I think we should all carry if we're competent enough to do so. When I encounter a CHL holder, I see a "friendly", not a potential enemy. However I hardly ever encounter one, they tend not to be law breakers, not even traffic violations. I have never once disarmed them on a stop, even though by law I can do it.

I am not hiding behind the safety of a situation in order to justify doing what I have to do. By the same token, if it hurts your feelings if I take your gun away momentarily, that's your problem, not mine. SCOTUS has ruled I can do that during a brief detention for my safety. I'm sorry if you disagree, carry on.
                Let me first start off by saying Thank you for choosing to do a job that could be harmful to your health. I'm sure you see the scum of the earth daily.

However, If you would like to compare resumes' "BUD" we can but I assure you that my previous 11 yrs of employment were very similiar to yours in the aspect of encountering individuals that would rather see me dead instead of alive.

I agree with you on the fact that most CHL holders are responsible, law abiding citizens and I think research would prove the same. I will also say that most gun owners (specifically open carry participants) are exactly the same responsible, law abiding citizens as the CHL holders. Also, I'm not arguing the your "legal" authority to disarm someone when they have committed a crime or have been "suspected" of committing a crime. However, I do take exception to many LEO's who believe they are the law and that their "right" to safety trumps my Constitutional right to bear arms.

I wish the LEO's that are critical to the behavior of 2A and Open Carry activists would look in the mirror for a moment and reflect on why they actually have a job. Could it because we are nation of laws? Laws that should be upheld and where criminals are brought to justice. Absolutely. So get out there and bring criminals to justice.

Comment

Call for backup, detain you, disarm you, ask you what you're doing there with an AR, attempt to locate the original caller and see what the exact nature of the complaint is, make contact with the Walmart manager and see if you are welcome there with an AR and if not if they want you CTW'd from the store, run your CCH and see if you're a felon and allowed to have a gun. If you're clean and they don't have a problem with you being there and after speaking with the RP I determine you've commited no offense, give you your gun back and go 10-8. If you've broken the law, you go to jail.

You never know. Maybe I ask what you're doing there and you tell me, " I'm exercising my 2nd Amendment rights!" and although I bite my lip and don't tell you what I really think of your "method" of doing that, I can see what you're doing isn't smart but it is legal.

Or maybe I ask what you're doing and you tell me, "Hunting VC, Charlie is crawling all over the place here in the Mee Kong Delta....." Well now we have a different situation as you might be considered a danger to yourself or others. But of course there are those out there and on this thread that would bristle at police even making contact with that ole boy with a gun over his shoulder and (as evidenced on this thread) feel that we are violating their rights. Of course they'd feel different if Crazy Bob the Vietnam vet had shot and killed their 4 year old son because he thought he was a VC. Then it would be, "why didn't the cops do anything????" SOSDD

There are crazy people everywhere. Y'all don't see them because they stay tucked in their homes (probably typing on this forum ) or y'all see something weird and call 911 as you drive by, leaving us (police) to make contact with them over and over again. I see a couple of them every shift, every agency has their "regulars". They would be easy to spot as I walked in that Walmart because we already know them. It's the devil you don't know that'll get you killed.

I also suspect before too long, open carry of a rifle will be banned and the people doing it right now will be the reason. In my opinion.
                  This, exactly!

I don't understand how some of you guys don't see that going around "exercising your rights", could cause you to lose that right.

Keep running around in public with your long guns strapped on, and I can almost guarantee that that law will change.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                    This, exactly!

I don't understand how some of you guys don't see that going around "exercising your rights", could cause you to lose that right.

Keep running around in public with your long guns strapped on, and I can almost guarantee that that law will change.
                    That's right... we should all sit by and let our rights slowly be taken away. Smarter men have said that a right not exercised is a right lost.

Would you rather everyone carry concealed? You know, to give you the that false sense of security that no one has a firearm.

BTW, CHL's are a scam. A scam to tax a right guaranteed by the 2A.

Comment

That's right... we should all sit by and let our rights slowly be taken away. Smarter men have said that a right not exercised is a right lost.

Would you rather everyone carry concealed? You know, to give you the that false sense of security that no one has a firearm.

BTW, CHL's are a scam. A scam to tax a right guaranteed by the 2A.
                      Like I said, some people don't think logically. Thanks for proving my point.

Keep alarming the general public with "your legal right", and the general public will demand that the law is changed, and it will be.

Comment

Like I said, some people don't think logically. Thanks for proving my point.

Keep alarming the general public with "your legal right", and the general public will demand that the law is changed, and it will be.
                        Alarming the public isn't the goal. Nor, has it been the case when I open carry. I engage individuals inform them of their right as afforded to them by God, Constitution, and the GREAT State of Texas. Many people have had questions and I answer them the best that I can. I believe it is important to show people that guns are not the problem but criminals with guns are.

I also have come to realize that some people will not stand up for there rights. They believe if it doesn't affect them RIGHT NOW they shouldn't worry about it. I won't be that person. You are welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          Sorry but this mentality is what got us where we are now.

The public only sees one side and its not in our favor. The more the public sees the other side that guns and gun owners in general are not evil the better its going to be for our cause not worse.
                          And then the public sees these dopey guys marching around in a circle with their stupid "from my cold dead hands" t shirts that they got at the gun show and because the whole thing is silly.

Comment

Alarming the public isn't the goal. Nor, has it been the case when I open carry. I engage individuals inform them of their right as afforded to them by God, Constitution, and the GREAT State of Texas. Many people have had questions and I answer them the best that I can. I believe it is important to show people that guns are not the problem but criminals with guns are.

I also have come to realize that some people will not stand up for there rights. They believe if it doesn't affect them RIGHT NOW they shouldn't worry about it. I won't be that person. You are welcome.
                            Standing up for your rights, and going around alarming the public are two different things. It's obvious you think you can change the general publics mentality about people carrying long guns in public, but you can't!

Comment

Originally posted by BIG IRON View Post
                              And then the public sees these dopey guys marching around in a circle with their stupid "from my cold dead hands" t shirts that they got at the gun show and because the whole thing is silly.
                              I can only imagine the internal criticizm the Founding Fathers received for their ideas of our country.

Where do you draw the line on sensible gun ownership?

Comment

Standing up for your rights, and going around alarming the public are two different things. It's obvious you think you can change the general publics mentality about people carrying long guns in public, but you can't!
                                My friends and family are very receptive about open carry and most of the people I have encountered are as well. Maybe you are on the wrong side of this Civil Rights debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X