What would you do- Guy walks in Walmart with assult gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
    I dont think its a big deal to walk around with a rifle in a sling. Its a little suspicious when your walking around with a hand on the pistol grip finger on the trigger, other on the forearm like your ready to shoot. Of course Id have to see it to believe it that somebody was actually doing that and it wasnt just embellishment.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
      I take my 3 girls for bike rides all the time in the subdivision. We get pretty spread out sometimes.

If I saw a guy walking down the street with any rifle strapped over his shoulder I can guarantee you the first thought that enters my mind won't be this guy is just exercising his rights, no worries.
      just stop riding bikes and stay indoors, problem solved.

Comment

OP's side job.
        Attached Files

Comment

Seriously? Hope your trying to be funny.....

I typed a long response to several above but just keep deleting. There are some seriously stupid people in this world and apparently there are more and more taking over this site daily-

There is a time and place for everything........

Comment

Come on. Men can disagree without name calling.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
              Seriously? Hope your trying to be funny.....

I typed a long response to several above but just keep deleting. There are some seriously stupid people in this world and apparently there are more and more taking over this site daily-

There is a time and place for everything........
              just so I can clarify my position.......
              I don't have a problem with WHAT YOU DID..............I have a problem with you coming on an open forum, talking about it because you wanted to incite some sort of response; or, bragging about what you did; or, otherwise seeking affirmation for your actions.

regardless of weather I, you, GOD or anybody else agrees with what the guy did the fact is he was not breaking the law. Did he open the door to beget a bad situation, absolutely but what did you do in retort......... perpetuate it even further that's what you did. from one chl permit holder to another, you seriously need to go back and reevaluate the curriculum, not just the range time.

You're not the law and if you think you are then they have a word people like that, they are called vigilantes. I am perceptive, it's why I survive......by constantly keeping a vigil over the well being of myself and loved ones. I encounter possible/perceived threats daily, I just don't post about it on the internet.....

Comment

What was I bragging about doing? I watched the guy and made sure he wasn't a whack job fixing to shoot the store up ....

Some of you act like I pulled my pistol out and slithered around isle to isle and shot him or harassed him or took him down or called the law etc. I did nothing but be aware of what was going on.

Even here in rural country small town,me just being an ol country boy I see nothing normal about the scenario

I have seen in fact several videos of people exercising their guns rights to be youtube stars - all of them talked and sounded like robot morons trying to prove a point - none which make me or 99% gun loving 2nd amendment right loving people proud. They are stupid IMHO and do nothing for our rights and only hurt. Sure they showed a few cops are ignorant of laws also but what did they accomplish?

Comment

Originally posted by txsowslayer View Post
                  Come on. Men can disagree without name calling.

You know what your right....don't know why I'm letting any of this bother me to the point I'm letting it upset me-

Most of ones commenting on this don't know me or anything about me-

I'm sorry.

Guess now I am a stalker to women in jeeps and a internet vigilante -hmm

Comment

Howard it's all good man. We may not see eye to eye on open carry but I bet you we see eye to eye on our love for hunting!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      I've already answered that question Daniel.

Let me ask you, if I were to come to Ft Worth and decide to walk into a Walmart with my AR slung across my shoulder and you happened to get the call, how would you handle the situation?
                      Call for backup, detain you, disarm you, ask you what you're doing there with an AR, attempt to locate the original caller and see what the exact nature of the complaint is, make contact with the Walmart manager and see if you are welcome there with an AR and if not if they want you CTW'd from the store, run your CCH and see if you're a felon and allowed to have a gun. If you're clean and they don't have a problem with you being there and after speaking with the RP I determine you've commited no offense, give you your gun back and go 10-8. If you've broken the law, you go to jail.

You never know. Maybe I ask what you're doing there and you tell me, " I'm exercising my 2nd Amendment rights!" and although I bite my lip and don't tell you what I really think of your "method" of doing that, I can see what you're doing isn't smart but it is legal.

Or maybe I ask what you're doing and you tell me, "Hunting VC, Charlie is crawling all over the place here in the Mee Kong Delta....." Well now we have a different situation as you might be considered a danger to yourself or others. But of course there are those out there and on this thread that would bristle at police even making contact with that ole boy with a gun over his shoulder and (as evidenced on this thread) feel that we are violating their rights. Of course they'd feel different if Crazy Bob the Vietnam vet had shot and killed their 4 year old son because he thought he was a VC. Then it would be, "why didn't the cops do anything????" SOSDD

There are crazy people everywhere. Y'all don't see them because they stay tucked in their homes (probably typing on this forum ) or y'all see something weird and call 911 as you drive by, leaving us (police) to make contact with them over and over again. I see a couple of them every shift, every agency has their "regulars". They would be easy to spot as I walked in that Walmart because we already know them. It's the devil you don't know that'll get you killed.

I also suspect before too long, open carry of a rifle will be banned and the people doing it right now will be the reason. In my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                        Have you ever carried an AK into a Walmart before?

Have you ever attended a Pro-Abortion rally?

Have you ever attended a Clan rally?

Have you ever protested the State for the legalization of weed?

Ever picket your employer for unfair wages?

Just because its within your rights doesn't make it right all the time.

I take my 3 girls for bike rides all the time in the subdivision. We get pretty spread out sometimes.

If I saw a guy walking down the street with any rifle strapped over his shoulder I can guarantee you the first thought that enters my mind won't be this guy is just exercising his rights, no worries.
                        1). I've already answered that question, pay attention.

2). I'm not pro abortion so no. But where does the Constitution say having an abortion is a right?

3). I have no affiliation with the Klan.

4). No I don't think it should be legal. But if it were, I wouldn't try to infringe on that person's right to do so just because I was sacred or didn't like it.

5). No. I'm perfectly capable of negotiating may wages without protest.

You would be wise to be alert in your hypothetical scenario as portrayed, however that still doesn't change the fact that what he may be doing could be legal.

You aren't guaranteed anywhere to not be afraid, nor are you guaranteed any protection from your fears.

Comment

Daniel75

Well said and again I completely agree.

And I love my guns and have a huge extra wide safe full of them....but again. There is a time and place for everything

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
                            Call for backup, detain you, disarm you, ask you what you're doing there with an AR, attempt to locate the original caller and see what the exact nature of the complaint is, make contact with the Walmart manager and see if you are welcome there with an AR and if not if they want you CTW'd from the store, run your CCH and see if you're a felon and allowed to have a gun. If you're clean and they don't have a problem with you being there and after speaking with the RP I determine you've commited no offense, give you your gun back and go 10-8. If you've broken the law, you go to jail.

You never know. Maybe I ask what you're doing there and you tell me, " I'm exercising my 2nd Amendment rights!" and although I bite my lip and don't tell you what I really think of your "method" of doing that, I can see what you're doing isn't smart but it is legal.

Or maybe I ask what you're doing and you tell me, "Hunting VC, Charlie is crawling all over the place here in the Mee Kong Delta....." Well now we have a different situation as you might be considered a danger to yourself or others. But of course there are those out there and on this thread that would bristle at police even making contact with that ole boy with a gun over his shoulder and (as evidenced on this thread) feel that we are violating their rights. Of course they'd feel different if Crazy Bob the Vietnam vet had shot and killed their 4 year old son because he thought he was a VC. Then it would be, "why didn't the cops do anything????" SOSDD

There are crazy people everywhere. Y'all don't see them because they stay tucked in their homes (probably typing on this forum ) or y'all see something weird and call 911 as you drive by, leaving us (police) to make contact with them over and over again. I see a couple of them every shift, every agency has their "regulars". They would be easy to spot as I walked in that Walmart because we already know them. It's the devil you don't know that'll get you killed.

I also suspect before too long, open carry of a rifle will be banned and the people doing it right now will be the reason. In my opinion.
                            The dangers LEO's face daily are no different than the average person on the street. However, the precentage of criminals they face daily (percentage wise ) is greater. If you don't believe that a "law abiding" citizen should be able to open carry and long arm (side arm for that matter as well) just come out and say it. Please don't hide behind the safety of the situation and how you don't know if they are criminals etc... The truth is your life is no more important than mine or my family (sorry but true) and if carrying a firearm openly or concealed allows me to be better prepared to defend them then that is what I shall do.

Comment

Originally posted by txsowslayer View Post
                              Howard it's all good man. We may not see eye to eye on open carry but I bet you we see eye to eye on our love for hunting!
                              thank you for trying really hard, seriously. you are part of what's right here.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                                thank you for trying really hard, seriously. you are part of what's right here.
                                Thanks. Gentlemen should be able to disagree without name calling. Unfortunately, we can't all see eye to eye on everything but we can find a sacred common ground in a tree stand!

Comment

Working...
                                X