No announcement yet.

Deer Dog Recoveries: 2012-2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

George could have made a great dog but he is too hard headed.
    He has a great prey drive and will beat me and Bagley to a deer most every time but the I spent 10 minutes chasing him around trying to get him in the truck.
    Hard head little devil

Comment

Put Bagley down for another Red deer.
      Went hard down hill for the first 100 yards and missed a turn. Owner error I thought it was a easier track than it was and I was trying to beat the dark.
      Regrouped with some lights and started again at a slower pace.
      300 yards later we found the deer. She never missed a turn the second time
      Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353242298.689712.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	24142004

Comment

Cool deal, Bagley needs a break buff! Lol..

Comment

Put her down for a nice hog.
          200 yards an a finish shot later we sorted it out

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353256244.093404.jpg
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	24142054

Comment

Lol, no mercy for Bagley. Keep up the team work.

Comment

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353297281.820998.jpg
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	24142183
              Had a awesome track on 11-3-12. My Dad shot a buck that we had been watching all summer. He shot him at 8:15 at 80 yds broadside with a .308. When he shot the deer went down but came right back up and begin to "hobble" off he shot again but it was a Hail Mary. He immediately text me to come over there which I did. I was immediately concerned at the sign and even more so when he said he hit a branch possibly. Finally found blood at about 100 yds past the shot but very little. I convinced him to back out and wait a couple of hours and bring Gus (Draht) in to trail. We came back around 10:30 and got started and Gus immediately picked up the track. Where we lost blood he took a hard left (just the opposite of what I thought the deer did). Me and my brother followed fairly close as we had the rifles. At about 400-500 yds from shot we heard some brush breaking and we approached quickly. My brother (Heath) was the first one there and yells that Gus found the buck and is fighting him. As cool as this sounds I was concerned. As I ran up I could kind of see the deer and just then Heath raises his rifle gets a clear shot and ends it at about 75 yds. I was proud of Gus to say the least. This is the first live buck that I have found and Gus did exactly as he should have.

Comment

Good job

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                  Still trying
                  Who's the outlaw in the last pic with the beeanie on?

Comment

Doc Trails two more this past weekend.

Both of these deer found this past weekend and both found dead. First deer only went 150-160 yards from where shot. Hunter told us he missed the deer, no blood found where deer was shot, however a good bunch of hair was found. Put Doc out and he picked up the trail and found deer within a matter of minutes.

Second deer was shot low and far back. Guide was with the hunter and decided to back out and leave the deer for several hours. We took Doc back about three hours later and he picked up a scent trail and was gone. 325 yards later the buck was found dead. Deer did not bleed a drop.

Comment

Put Bagley down for 2 spikes this morning

Shot them about 30 minutes apart in a pine plantation.

My problem was once I climbed down, I couldn't figure out where they were when I shot them. Heck all the trees are identical.

Went and got my girl and started her up the hill side where I shot the first one.
                      There was no doubt when we hit the blood trail. She loves white tails and was pretty much dragging me across the hill for about 100 yards to the deer.
                      After dragging that one out, we started working the brush on the other hill where I shot the second deer.
                      I circled down wind of where I thought the deer had been standing and she winded it pretty quick.
                      She kinda looked like she was dancing going up the hill with her nose straight up in the air. Went right to the little buck.
                      Attached Files

Comment

TTT, dont forget to post Ur recoveries.

Comment

Awesome job bagley

Comment

Bagley found this gun shot Fallow about 200 yards thru the pine timber.
                            It was still alive but she knocked him down and we put another shot in him.
                            Very happy hunter.

Comment

Good job...sounds like Bagley is making quite the name for herself.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                                Good job...sounds like Bagley is making quite the name for herself.
                                Thanks
                                Finest animal I have ever owned

Comment

Working...
                                X