The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by supertrooperl14 View Post
    Awesome what ranch you hunting. My grandparents have a cabin up there.
    I will have my mules up there too if you het in a bind and need some help getting one out.

Comment

Originally posted by supertrooperl14 View Post
      I will have my mules up there too if you het in a bind and need some help getting one out.
      Would you come to unit 36, as well?

Comment

Getting amped up for elk season. Got some cameras out and already have a few coming in to the salt. Got a few things planned for this season between Rocky Mountain and Roosevelt elk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They guy that I am hunting my unit with this year has hunted it 4 years and has killed 3 bulls. He told me a few days ago that the antler growth is insane this year. Bulls already 6pts and has some crazy info on BIG bulls. I'm so pumped about this season.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
            They guy that I am hunting my unit with this year has hunted it 4 years and has killed 3 bulls. He told me a few days ago that the antler growth is insane this year. Bulls already 6pts and has some crazy info on BIG bulls. I'm so pumped about this season.

You're definitely setting yourself up to kill a beast JT. Can't wait to see how your hunt goes.

Comment

If anyone is interested I have access to 2 unit 15 archery elk tags for this season, and 2 muzzleloader tags. Outfitter will sell tags for 7k each or fully guided for 9k.

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
                If anyone is interested I have access to 2 unit 15 archery elk tags for this season, and 2 muzzleloader tags. Outfitter will sell tags for 7k each or fully guided for 9k.
                That's just freaking nuts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TWarren View Post

Thats actually very very reasonable, especially when you factor in draw odds to trophy potential. With this years rain fall I'm shocked these are available and that cheap. wish I wasn't already hunting 3 weeks in sept or I'd be all over this.

Comment

Originally posted by TWarren View Post

Ya for private in the Gila that's not bad. I've heard from a few guys that antler growth is crazy this year!! Glad I drew my tag for 2k tho lol

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                      Ya for private in the Gila that's not bad. I've heard from a few guys that antler growth is crazy this year!! Glad I drew my tag for 2k tho lol

Public land hunt. I wish I could draw a tag! I know it is very expensive, but i have hunted cheap bad hunts and I would rather pay top dollar for a outstanding unit that produces bulls over 400 every year.

Comment

Bump for elk season being one day closer [emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by AZ&F'sDaddy View Post
                          Would you come to unit 36, as well?
                          I would if service permits. Where I will be there is no service at all. May can get you a number of a local guy that may be able to help ya out.

Comment

Y'all need to get inReach's

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                              Yup they are awesome. I have one and it works great.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X