"Official" Davy Crockett National Forest hunt thread 13-14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stick View Post
    Looks like I will be near Kennard. Off of 514 at one of the campsites. If anyone is out that area stop by for a cold beverage. Maroon Chevy 2500 hd with a bumper pull 30 ft trailer.

How far off of 7 is the campsite? I will be rolling into Kennard sometime tomorrow. I will try to stop by

Comment

No more than a couple of miles.

Comment

Hate to say this but I'll be missing this weekend of hunting, BUT I'll be in wed night for some arrow slinging at the cabin! Y'all shoot straight!

Comment

Any body seeing any thing in the forest? Dad ( B-Skinner) had a nice 8 walk by him last Sunday couldn't get a shot on him! I had a little tail chasing behind me but never seen what he was!!

Comment

Nothing yet..... Humid as hell! It has taken me 10min. To write this post because EVERYTIME I hear a squirrel I look up to see if it's a deer.

Comment

Yea it has been awfully humid so far, we got a break sun and most the week!

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                Nothing yet..... Humid as hell! It has taken me 10min. To write this post because EVERYTIME I hear a squirrel I look up to see if it's a deer.
                Nothing on this side of Kennard. Yes it is humid but the breeze every now and then feels good

Comment

I'm really confused. The deer activity was so good this time last year. Now the spot I'm hunting feels like a ghost town

Comment

See plenty of deer last night and this morning. 2bucks, 1 shooter, 6 does, they just will not cooperate. Found a scrape last night that looks like it was hit this morning.

Comment

Dang deer. Sitting here at camp half asleep when mother nature calls. Get up go ther u s a deer less than 50 fr om my camper. Guess she didn't like the sight if me without a shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by stick View Post
                        Dang deer. Sitting here at camp half asleep when mother nature calls. Get up go ther u s a deer less than 50 fr om my camper. Guess she didn't like the sight if me without a shirt.
                        Haha im in Angelina haven't seen a thing. Maybe this evening

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                          I'm really confused. The deer activity was so good this time last year. Now the spot I'm hunting feels like a ghost town
                          Yes I hunted Alabama WMA from early Thursday morning till Saturday 10:00 am and only saw 2 doe 50 yards off. Thought I would see more than that. I was 20 yards from 2 big white oak treel and did not see anything or any tracks to speak of....so I can relate to the ghost town effect.
                          I am considering moving closer to Kennard! Any suggestions?

Comment

Gonna be nice temps this weekend with sat dipping down in the 40's. I'm headed out there this eve and will leave late sat.

Anyone else going? Anyone seen anything lately?

2 weekends ago I saw 3 but they were all grouped up still but recently got word that bucks are starting to tend does.

Comment

snikrah, that's a awesome bowkill you got there in your avatar. he looks pretty fat too. did you get him in DCNF?

Comment

I am on the fence for DCNF this weekend, But I am a go for next week/weekend. Hunted Alabama last weekend and saw 2 doe at 50 yards....Thats it? I am considering moving up toward Kennard. My first year to hunt DCNF and still not completly dialed in on where to hunt.

Comment

Working...
                                X