No announcement yet.

"Official" Davy Crockett National Forest hunt thread 13-14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am new to this forum but love the topics. I am heading down to Davy Crocket this week for my first time. I plan to hunt in the Alabama Creek WLM area. Is it acceptable to carry a hand gun for protection without a CHL? Did not know where to camp so I looked for the closest hotel which is in Lufkin. Any other places to consider? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thx......

Comment

You can not carry a pistol in the national forest while bow hunting unless you have a CHL

Comment

You cannot cary a pistol while hunting you can cary at camp and in ur truck. Once I setle down here at home juat gor off work ill tell you what I learned about Alabama Creek.

Comment

Thx for feedback on pistol...
          Yes Juan I would like to here your feedback on Alababa.
          Thx

Comment

Originally posted by tbeard View Post
            Thx for feedback on pistol...
            Yes Juan I would like to here your feedback on Alababa.
            Thx
            Pm you

Comment

I am new to this forum but love the topics. I am heading down to Davy Crocket this week for my first time. I plan to hunt in the Alabama Creek WLM area. Is it acceptable to carry a hand gun for protection without a CHL? Did not know where to camp so I looked for the closest hotel which is in Lufkin. Any other places to consider? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thx......
              Crockett hotels would be closer 15 miles.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. really looking forward to this trip! It has been years since I have been bow hunting. Have spent the past month (although no scouting) getting prepared and practing. I am a little nervious and very excited about the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                  YES! I will be there at 530 and all TBHers welcome. Let me know for sure and Ill save a table guys. Get the 14oz ribeye......
                  That is indeed a good steak there!

Comment

Anyone hunting DCNF this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by stick View Post
                      I replied to your other thread

I will be around Kennard

Comment

"Official" Davy Crockett National Forest hunt thread 13-14

Originally posted by snikrah View Post
                        Crockett hotels would be closer 15 miles.
                        Actually, if he is hunting Alabama creek Lufkin would be closer. Alabama creek is in trinity county in the apple springs area about 20 miles from Lufkin. To get to Crockett he would have To go about 40.

Comment

Last time I read the book it was illegal to carry a firearm while bow hunting in archery season. Says you CAN carry a concealed handgun with your CHL.

I'm no lawyer or game warden so id recommend reading the book or calling a game warden.

Comment

Originally posted by stick View Post
                            I am for sure!

Comment

I hope to get out there Friday afternoon set up camper and scout for a spot to hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCracker View Post
                                Actually, if he is hunting Alabama creek Lufkin would be closer. Alabama creek is in trinity county in the apple springs area about 20 miles from Lufkin. To get to Crockett he would have To go about 40.
                                Oops, thanks for correcting me

Hope anyone that goes this weekend gets something! Let us know how it goes as i'll be out there the following weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X