"Official" Davy Crockett National Forest hunt thread 13-14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snikrah View Post
    I didn't but I have a doe laying down 60 yrds from me right now. Buddy hunting the next tree line over from me had a small 6 walk by him earlier. Anyone else seeing anything?
    Congrats on Doe. No I have been hunting near Kennard today and still seeing a ghost town. I will be in the tree at 6 in morning. Temp 43 degrees I hope things improve.

Comment

hunted all day friday and sat. and my buddy and I did not see a single deer while in a stand. Saw several deer crossing roads from the truck while driving. I have sat for five days and have not seen a deer during shooting light from a stand yet. lots of pictures of deer during the day in the areas we are hunting but we never see them when we are there. It is very frustrating! Also my buddies game camera that was bolted in a steel box to a tree with a cable lock through it around the tree grew legs and walked with the help of an axe :-( Good luck tomorrow. We were hunting closer to Ratcliff as well.

Comment

Originally posted by tbeard View Post
        Congrats on Doe. No I have been hunting near Kennard today and still seeing a ghost town. I will be in the tree at 6 in morning. Temp 43 degrees I hope things improve.
        Ha, thanks but i didn't shoot one, i was just watching her bed down is all i meant =) watched 4 yearling for several hours yesterday but that was it. Good luck to any of yall who are out this morning. Hope yall get a bruiser

Comment

Originally posted by gdawg View Post
          Did you find em Garguy?
          Sorry about that..No we didn't. He hit high with the arrow stopping in his far shoulder and no exit so no blood. Hope he lives.

On a better note, My Dad killed a nice 8pt from one of my stands yesterday evening. Ill post pics after church.

Comment

I'll be waiting on the pics on your Dads deer GarGuy. Sorry you didn't find the buck your bud shot if it was a high shot the buck will probably live.

Comment

Killed this this morning! Shot a doe but couldn't find her. I missed a doe sat. Morning. I'm having horrible luck this year. When I get home I need to download the pics but I got a pic of a cougar on my trail cam!! Watch out guys! On a good note I saw 20+ deer this weekend. Looks like my new spot is gonna pan out.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382295827.200589.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	24256690

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                Killed this this morning! Shot a doe but couldn't find her. I missed a doe sat. Morning. I'm having horrible luck this year. When I get home I need to download the pics but I got a pic of a cougar on my trail cam!! Watch out guys! On a good note I saw 20+ deer this weekend. Looks like my new spot is gonna pan out.
                Congrats on the song dog . Sounds like you'll get another chance at a nanny, good luck. Looking forward to the kitty pic!

Comment

I'm interested in the big cat pic also! Post it up!

Comment

AWESOME! Near ratcliff? there was one hanging around the park every year but haven't heard about her in a couple years. Really want to see pics.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                      Sorry about that..No we didn't. He hit high with the arrow stopping in his far shoulder and no exit so no blood. Hope he lives.

On a better note, My Dad killed a nice 8pt from one of my stands yesterday evening. Ill post pics after church.
                      I posted a new thread with dads deer.

Comment

Pics of the cougar....or it didn't happen!! Lol

Comment

Sorry the pics took so long. First pic is a deer. The second pic is what I THINK to be a cougar.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382323511.067664.jpg
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	24256793Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382323531.900326.jpg
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	24256795

Comment

It sure looks like one!!

Comment

Well Im sure you will get ridiculed about that fuzzy pic but I opened it on my laptop and after looking hard... I agree. The deer gives a great size reference.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                                Well Im sure you will get ridiculed about that fuzzy pic but I opened it on my laptop and after looking hard... I agree. The deer gives a great size reference.
                                That's what I was thinking. I'm expecting people to be doubtful. My brother in law and I found tracks near a pond last year about a mile away from where this pic was taken. But I guess until I get a clear pic of him it can be called a fake. But even if it was clear people would claim it was photoshopped. Haha. Take it for what is worth I guess. A fuzzy pic of what looks to be a cougar.

Comment

Working...
                                X