Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishcat91 View Post
    What's everybody doing in Victoria. I'm at work debating on heading home and boarding up a few of the bigger windows.
    I'd be making preparations now in Victoria. Likely have a Major Hurricane right at your door step Saturday. Cat 3 could very well be low end potential for Harvey based on trends today.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
      Soooooo Houston's in the clear now?
      NO! Legit flooding still LIKELY here in Houston area. That has not, and probably will not change.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
        Soooooo Houston's in the clear now?
        Dont bet on it.

We are on the dirty side of this beast. Where the majority of the rainfall occurs.

Comment

looks like I'm in for 110+ mph winds here in Beeville

Comment

Our house in Rockport in on the water. About 7' above sea level, but this could be really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              Yea well macho man, I went thru Ike in Kingwood too and we were without power for almost 3 weeks... Tree on my house, had to gang up with neighbors and chain saw our way out of our neighborhood just to get to a major road like Woodland Hills and North Park or Kingwood drive... Even with gennys going, I stlll lost thousands of dollars worth of venison and fish... That ain't happening to me again. I also was in Kingwood in '94 and 2001 when we had feet, not inches of water in the gym at Kingwood high school.... There's less run-off capability in the area now than back then, so GOOD LUCK! ...and NONE of those events were close to what the predictions are for this storm...

I hope your macho don't get you (and your family) in serious trouble.

I'm not in Kingwood any longer, but I promise you I'll be as prepared as I can be for anything that comes along...
              where did you move to?

Comment

Just got told to be prepared for 24 hour duty.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                  Dont bet on it.

We are on the dirty side of this beast. Where the majority of the rainfall occurs.
                  Another thing that scares me a bit is a lot of these storms seem to make a slight turn to the north prior to landfall.

Even today some models have shifted from Corpus to POC. It wouldn't take much of a shift to the north-east for this thing to be heading right for Galveston.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                    Another thing that scares me a bit is a lot of these storms seem to make a slight turn to the north prior to landfall.

Even today some models have shifted from Corpus to POC. It wouldn't take much of a shift to the north-east for this thing to be heading right for Galveston.
                    Yes exactly

Comment

Latest GFS run through Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post
                        Just got told to be prepared for 24 hour duty.
                        good luck and stay safe

Comment

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Originally posted by Neck View Post
                          Just passing along any updated info I find...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Looks like it moved East a bit.

My family is in Corpus so naturally hoping they dont get centerpunched but don't want TBHers getting it either.

Comment

The variations in all these models is crazy. Still no one knows exactly where its going to make landfall and what it is going to do after that.

Comment

Even though i find this a stunning image, its not what i wanted to see in regards to Harvey. He does not look like a Cat 1. Once eyewall tightens up a bit more, pressure is going to drop fast, and winds come up. Still cant believe the difference in 12 hours with this storm..

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
                                The variations in all these models is crazy. Still no one knows exactly where its going to make landfall and what it is going to do after that.
                                The really crazy thing is where it goes after SUNDAY! If it gets back over water as predicted, Galveston may be in for a serious landfall event Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
                                X