• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
        I think it will be either a Cat 3 or 4..just my thoughts tho based on what I am seeing
        Oh my God.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
          Man you ain't joking. Last night it almost seemed like this might wind up being an dud.

Comment

Alot of these models show the storm moving further west than Corpus. Is that the general consensus now?

Comment

We are tightening down and leaving town.
              Remember all, it's just stuff.
              Get away so you can come back.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  Yea well macho man, I went thru Ike in Kingwood too and we were without power for almost 3 weeks... Tree on my house, had to gang up with neighbors and chain saw our way out of our neighborhood just to get to a major road like Woodland Hills and North Park or Kingwood drive... Even with gennys going, I stlll lost thousands of dollars worth of venison and fish... That ain't happening to me again. I also was in Kingwood in '94 and 2001 when we had feet, not inches of water in the gym at Kingwood high school.... There's less run-off capability in the area now than back then, so GOOD LUCK! ...and NONE of those events were close to what the predictions are for this storm...

I hope your macho don't get you (and your family) in serious trouble.

I'm not in Kingwood any longer, but I promise you I'll be as prepared as I can be for anything that comes along...

We're in KW and it doesn't take much for Northpark to flood. Fortunately our house is at the top of a very shallow rise. Shadow Forest Elementary is at the bottom. I don't think we'll flood, but I have 62hrs of run time worth of gas for my generator. I fully expect to use the generator, 8hrs a day to keep the freezer cold enough to keep meat good so about 8 days of complete power grid failure.

Really need to get one of those natgas gensets for the house.

Comment

GFS 12Z model spooling up.

Map out of Austin shows it sitting south of San Antonio on Saturday still running at 110MPH.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Harvey.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	24509253
                    Last edited by 1369; 08-24-2017, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
                      I think it will be either a Cat 3 or 4..just my thoughts tho based on what I am seeing
                      I hope this is not the case...I've been in a Cat 4 and it was pretty scary

Comment

Been out getting some necessities, and didn't see this posted. Sorry if duplicate.

Comment

Trying to predict a Texas hurricane is like trying to predict the lottery. I've yet to see one do what it was supposed to do. I appreciate yalls efforts and the talking heads on tv, but you just can't hardly predict what they'll do. Every channel or website has a different forecast or opinion. It's all very confusing. I've got a flight into Houston Friday night, hoping I can slip in before the storm.

Comment

That last model shows it a little more back East than earlier???

Comment

Looks like a really strong storm. Prayers sent for everyone in that monsters path.

Comment

Anybody heard what the winds are suppose to be like in Bryan and rain fall estimates?

Comment

Working...
                                X