No announcement yet.

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last time ol Dolly turned west at the last minute and Corpus was spared major damage. Hopefully it happens again.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
      My brother and I are heading to POC to board up windows. No plan to drag the boats home just yet. They should be ok in the barn. I think our slab sits 16' above sea level.
      Good deal. We moved boats out of Matagorda yesterday. Fish camp is picked up and shuttered. We're ready to crank the generator and drink beer.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
        Anybody heard what the winds are suppose to be like in Bryan and rain fall estimates?
        last i heard, in my area (bedias) they estimate anywhere between 8-15" of rain. Of course that all depends on where these bands train.
        Im not overly worried about the winds. If it holds as predicted, we might get 60 mph winds that far inland and away from the eastern portion of the eye. But this thing is still building, so nobody really knows.

I think we are fairly safe for the most part. Getting fuel for the genny just for insurance as we speak.

Comment

Slow moving storms are the hardest to predict. I'd say that the uncertainty here is far larger than what's being predicted.

Comment

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            Trying to predict a Texas hurricane is like trying to predict the lottery. I've yet to see one do what it was supposed to do. I appreciate yalls efforts and the talking heads on tv, but you just can't hardly predict what they'll do. Every channel or website has a different forecast or opinion. It's all very confusing. I've got a flight into Houston Friday night, hoping I can slip in before the storm.

Thanks for straightening us all out good leader[emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
              last i heard, in my area (bedias) they estimate anywhere between 8-15" of rain. Of course that all depends on where these bands train.
              Im not overly worried about the winds. If it holds as predicted, we might get 60 mph winds that far inland and away from the eastern portion of the eye. But this thing is still building, so nobody really knows.

I think we are fairly safe for the most part. Getting fuel for the genny just for insurance as we speak.
              Thanks. I have some friends moved over to Bedias area last year, wish I could convince my GF to.

Comment

Guard units are now staging on Camp Swift at Bastrop. They will be doing what they do if this things gets really bad. Hope they got plenty of gas in them HumV's. Looks like Angie gonna be there a while and me left at home unsupervised.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Thanks for straightening us all out good leader[emoji23]

Shhhhhh!!!! We'll call you if we have a question about hail storms.[emoji6][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                    Thanks. I have some friends moved over to Bedias area last year, wish I could convince my GF to.
                    Its a great little town thats growing. Heck, we just got a brand spankin new high class gas station and dollar store

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                      GFS 12Z model spooling up.

Map out of Austin shows it sitting south of San Antonio on Saturday still running at 110MPH.

[ATTACH]869953[/ATTACH]
                      WOW!! This is not good.

110 MPH on land will cause a lot of damage

Comment

What's everybody doing in Victoria. I'm at work debating on heading home and boarding up a few of the bigger windows.

Comment

Do you think the wind impact will make it up to Bastrop/Fayette/Lee counties. we are right where the 3 counties meet. That last model 1369 shows it being pretty big still that far inland

Comment

Looking at a few things, Jet Stream is well to the North so sheering from that not an issue to the building of the storm. 2 high pressure systems one in the gulf to the east of this storm one in Texas out close to big bend helping steer it and slow down its pace of travel as Harvey and the high pressure get closer together. Water surface temps in the upper 80s helps feed the beast. Hate to say it but agree this one might make strong Cat 3 or even Cat 4 before landfall. Then the longer it remains close to the coast the more gulf energy it will be drawing infor heavy rain.

Prayers for all in potential harms way, if there I would be packing up and headed somewhere inland.

Comment

Soooooo Houston's in the clear now?

Comment

Just passing along any updated info I find...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X