Trump Cruz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane View Post
    Whether you believe Trump is a true patriot or not, this meme makes a point. The assumption is that government should be and is the answer to all of our nation's problems, if we could just get the right one in office to "get things done" and fix everything.

Personally, I reject that notion. I am convinced that big government centralized control and planning is the cause of all of our problems and will never be the solution to any of them. That's why I would love to see a president and a Congress and a Supreme Court all committed to the constitution and the limits on government that are in place in that document. I want government to step back and get out of the way so WE can more effectively work on solving the problems we have without having to slog through all the bureaucratic red tape and regulational mud that is holding us back and causing the problems to begin with.

It's a pipe dream at this point, apparently. But that's my dream. It appears we're just gonna keep arguing about which big government guy/gal is the savior while we stay stuck in the big government-created mess.
    I completely agree though I think this leaves out the bigger challenge which is that our government has been co-opted by the wealthy elite who control major corporations and the vast majority of wealth in this country. Our government is corrupt and routinely favors big money over we the people.

We, on the other hand, get hoodwinked into debating conservative vs liberal values as being the solution when the real solution is electing capable leaders with the integrity to do the right thing for the people.

So I completely support your dream provided that the premium for electing government leaders is on accountability to the people over political values.

By the way, I think that is why so many people support Trump. They are more concerned with having a president who will level with them and do what's best for the country. Even if it means that gay people can get married and Planned Parenthood can stay in business as long as they don't provide abortion.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
      I think that this is the truth about Trump...

[/IMG]
      [/QUOTE]

We sure diluted the he77 out of the meaning of "Patriot: then

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
        I'm sorry Shane... but the only way to achieve your utopia is with force... you cannot win at the ballot box..

It probably won't happen in your lifetime, certainly not mine but it will be necessary... However, if they drop SS or confiscate guns then we could see it tomorrow... can you imagine 42 million ****** off old people with guns charging Washington on our walkers
        Yep. Before the Trump phenomenon, I had hope that there were still enough of us left to win without bullets.

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
          I completely agree though I think this leaves out the bigger challenge which is that our government has been co-opted by the wealthy elite who control major corporations and the vast majority of wealth in this country. Our government is corrupt and routinely favors big money over we the people.

We, on the other hand, get hoodwinked into debating conservative vs liberal values as being the solution when the real solution is electing capable leaders with the integrity to do the right thing for the people.

So I completely support your dream provided that the premium for electing government leaders is on accountability to the people over political values.

By the way, I think that is why so many people support Trump. They are more concerned with having a president who will level with them and do what's best for the country. Even if it means that gay people can get married and Planned Parenthood can stay in business as long as they don't provide abortion.
          The moderate voters who long for their version of the "right" big government politicians to be in control are the people who are voting for the big government establishment politicians who pander to the voters during the campaign but then go to Washington and cut deals with every special interest group and donor that is willing to line their pockets. That's my point, actually. That is why government is the source of our problems and will never be the solution to them. Government is corrupting. The only way to have fewer problems caused by government is to have smaller government. The only way to have smaller government is to get rid of all the politicians who are not in favor of following the Constitution. The only way to have a prayer of doing that is to actually vote for constitutional conservatives in the primaries and then again in the general elections.

When we vote for the guy that says he can run the big government better than the last guy, we're not going to get any different results. We'll still have an oppressively large government. It will just have different people pulling the strings. Same song, different verse. Letting gay people call themselves married doesn't solve the problem with crony capitalism. That's a red herring issue that draws a lot of attention away from the fact that Trump is a big government crony capitalist who will continue to use the government to line the pockets of wealthy establishment people. They may be different than the people who are currently cashing in, so that part may be different. But the system in general will still be the same. Big government corruption making people with the right connections rich off the backs of tax payers like you and me.

Whoopie.

Comment

Trump Cruz

We sure diluted the he77 out of the meaning of "Patriot: then [/QUOTE]

You not me get to decide if someone is a Patriot or not. I don't agree with a lot of your beliefs in the least. But I still know you're a Patriot. The man loves America. You at least have to concede that part. Other things are debatable yes.
            Last edited by JW; 03-16-2016, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Yep. Before the Trump phenomenon, I had hope that there were still enough of us left to win without bullets.
              Yep. 2008 all over again. People going with their emotions instead of their brains.

Comment

Originally posted by Dru View Post
                Yep. 2008 all over again. People going with their emotions instead of their brains.

And there it is. Someone doesn't agree with your candidate so they must be stupid. Smh.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                  And there it is. Someone doesn't agree with your candidate so they must be stupid. Smh.
                  I don't see where I said stupid or who my candidate is. Nice try.

Comment

It's not stupid. It's people thinking with their feels. He makes people feel good because he says what they are thinking. It has nothing to do with intelligence level, but everything to do with judgment.

Comment

The moderate voters who long for their version of the "right" big government politicians to be in control are the people who are voting for the big government establishment politicians who pander to the voters during the campaign but then go to Washington and cut deals with every special interest group and donor that is willing to line their pockets. That's my point, actually. That is why government is the source of our problems and will never be the solution to them. Government is corrupting. The only way to have fewer problems caused by government is to have smaller government. The only way to have smaller government is to get rid of all the politicians who are not in favor of following the Constitution. The only way to have a prayer of doing that is to actually vote for constitutional conservatives in the primaries and then again in the general elections.

When we vote for the guy that says he can run the big government better than the last guy, we're not going to get any different results. We'll still have an oppressively large government. It will just have different people pulling the strings. Same song, different verse. Letting gay people call themselves married doesn't solve the problem with crony capitalism. That's a red herring issue that draws a lot of attention away from the fact that Trump is a big government crony capitalist who will continue to use the government to line the pockets of wealthy establishment people. They may be different than the people who are currently cashing in, so that part may be different. But the system in general will still be the same. Big government corruption making people with the right connections rich off the backs of tax payers like you and me.

Whoopie.
                      Bingo!

Comment

You didn't have to lol.

Comment

Depends on what the definition of "is" is?

Comment

You didn't have to lol.
                            Infer what you want.

Can you tell what I'm thinking now?

Comment

Infer what you want.

Can you tell what I'm thinking now?

Lol. I have an idea. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Lol. I have an idea. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
                                If it doesn't involve twins or college sorority roommates, you'd be wrong [emoji6]

Comment

Working...
                                X