No announcement yet.

Trump Cruz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HRC did just that eight years ago and look now she has the op to run her own show.

Cruz could do the same if he played it right.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
      Rubio has 172 delegates, Kasich has 149. If they ask their delegates to vote Cruz at the convention, that puts current count Cruz 716 and Trump 652. This is a long way from over. I would look for a Cruz/Rubio or Cruz/Kasich ticket at the convention.
      How is that fair though? Who were the second choices of the voters that led to those delegates? Everyone wants to assume their candidate would have got those votes had they not gone to others, but that is pure speculation.

I voted for Kasich. My second choice would have been Trump. I know a lot of people who can't stand Cruz and who voted for Rubio over Trump. I understand your thinking, but totally disagree with Cruz getting any default support.

Judging by last night, Cruz is trending downward anyway - massive attacks on Trump the past two weeks and more than $25M on anti-Trump ads in primary states and Cruz doesn't win a state and came in 3rd in a couple.

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
        How is that fair though? Who were the second choices of the voters that led to those delegates? Everyone wants to assume their candidate would have got those votes had they not gone to others, but that is pure speculation.

I voted for Kasich. My second choice would have been Trump. I know a lot of people who can't stand Cruz and who voted for Rubio over Trump. I understand your thinking, but totally disagree with Cruz getting any default support.

Judging by last night, Cruz is trending downward anyway - massive attacks on Trump the past two weeks and more than $25M on anti-Trump ads in primary states and Cruz doesn't win a state and came in 3rd in a couple.
        If Cruz falls and Trump wins 50.01% then it's mute point and we are looking at Trump/Christie ticket. I'll kick rocks all the way to the ballet box, but I'll vote for them

Comment

Id say the majority of Rubio's votes and delegates go to Cruz as Rubio's theme of his entire campaign was **** Trump.

Kasich though there is a split for sure between Cruz and Trump. I think a good number of Kasich people like Trump as their second. What that's split would be who know. As long as no one gets to 1237 though the entire primary is basically out the window by the rules that were already in place. Gonna be a fun one.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
            Id say the majority of Rubio's votes and delegates go to Cruz as Rubio's theme of his entire campaign was **** Trump.

Kasich though there is a split for sure between Cruz and Trump. I think a good number of Kasich people like Trump as their second. What that's split would be who know. As long as no one gets to 1237 though the entire primary is basically out the window by the rules that were already in place. Gonna be a fun one.
            Funny thing... in this mornings Fox News interviews down in Florida several Rubio voters said Trump was their second choice.. none named Cruz as second choice..

Comment

I think that this is the truth about Trump...

[/IMG]
              [/QUOTE]

Comment

I think folks should review the remaining primary states and the analysis that the anti-Trump media seldom reports on anymore.

They are moving across states now that are not nearly as favorable to Cruz as the those he won. Trump more than doubled his lead over Cruz last night in states more comparable to those going forward.

This may be hard to accept, but if "conservative values" aren't sufficient drivers to win the Republican nomination by Republican voters, "conservative values" clearly aren't going to carry a national election.

It seems pretty clear that more people want a government that works for them than they do pure "conservative values". I am not criticizing those values, just saying that there is a big disconnect that conservatives have to address and it is too late do it in this election cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                  If Cruz falls and Trump wins 50.01% then it's mute point and we are looking at Trump/Christie ticket. I'll kick rocks all the way to the ballet box, but I'll vote for them

I don't think he picks Christie.

Comment

Back to the Op's original question, yes, I'll support the republican nominee because I know the democrat nominee will work against the 2nd amendment. It hasn't been much of an issue yet because all the republicans support it and none of the democrats do. Although Trump was for gun control in the past, until he wasn't.

Texas will go republican regardless of the nominee. Hillary has about an 80% chance of being the next president given the fact that the majority of the heavy populated states vote democratic. She won't get much done because the congress will block her just like they do with Obama. And the republicans will once again be debating how they need to change.

The real problem with the republican party is we do have a bigger tent than the democrats. The dems pretty much all want the same things and prioritize them similarly. The republican party includes fiscal conservatives who couldn't care less about social issues, evangelicals who often act more like democrats when it comes to welfare, defense hawks who just want a strong military, states rights advocates who just want to be able to focus on their state and don't care what happens elsewhere, capitalists who support free trade, protectionists who do not support free trade, and on and on. Really hard to find candidates who make a majority of republicans happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
                      Funny thing... in this mornings Fox News interviews down in Florida several Rubio voters said Trump was their second choice.. none named Cruz as second choice..
                      Several voters? Cool, that should sway things. My point is Rubio's entire campaign has been anti Trump. You nor I know how things will play out going forward with him out of the race now but Rubio people don't like Trump for the most part if they bought into Rubio's message as his only message for the last two months has been that Trump is an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                        Nope. Anyone who gets the nod should not pick a former candidate that had zero support, what sense would that make? Hell why not pick Lindsey Graham as Sec of State as well lol.

Comment

What a fuster cluck! Leave it to the GOP to screw up a perfect opportunity to clean sweep congess the whitehouse and the courts. Now they are talking about running Ryan. Ill support whoever the PEOPLE choose.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
                            I think that this is the truth about Trump...

Whether you believe Trump is a true patriot or not, this meme makes a point. The assumption is that government should be and is the answer to all of our nation's problems, if we could just get the right one in office to "get things done" and fix everything then all would be GREAT.

Personally, I reject that notion. I am convinced that big government centralized control and planning is the cause of all of our problems and will never be the solution to any of them. That's why I would love to see a president and a Congress and a Supreme Court all committed to the constitution and the limits on government that are in place in that document. I want government to step back and get out of the way so WE can more effectively work on solving the problems we have without having to slog through all the bureaucratic red tape and regulational mud that is holding us back and causing the problems to begin with.

It's a pipe dream at this point, apparently. But that's my dream. It appears we're just gonna keep arguing about which big government guy/gal is the savior while we stay stuck in the big government-created mess.
                            Last edited by Shane; 03-16-2016, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                              Whether you believe Trump is a true patriot or not, this meme makes a point. The assumption is that government should be and is the answer to all of our nation's problems, if we could just get the right one in office to "get things done" and fix everything then all would be GREAT.

Personally, I reject that notion. I am convinced that big government centralized control and planning is the cause of all of our problems and will never be the solution to any of them. That's why I would love to see a president and a Congress and a Supreme Court all committed to the constitution and the limits on government that are in place in that document. I want government to step back and get out of the way so WE can more effectively work on solving the problems we have without having to slog through all the bureaucratic red tape and regulational mud that is holding us back and causing the problems to begin with.

It's a pipe dream at this point, apparently. But that's my dream. It appears we're just gonna keep arguing about which big government guy/gal is the savior while we stay stuck in the big government-created mess.
                              I'm sorry Shane... but the only way to achieve your utopia is with force... you cannot win at the ballot box..

It probably won't happen in your lifetime, certainly not mine but it will be necessary... However, if they drop SS or confiscate guns then we could see it tomorrow... can you imagine 42 million ****** off old people with guns charging Washington on our walkers

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                                x2

Attorney General

Comment

Working...
                                X