Is Trump a Hack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jerp View Post
    When the campaign gets serious and the candidates start debating policy, he will be exposed as a fool. I am just a random well informed voter and I could thrash him in a debate about policy. About the tenth time that his response to a question was "I'm worth $10 billion, what are you worth? people would start laughing. His bluster will not carry him much farther.
    Policy...oh, you mean policy that obviously hasn't been working.

I'm not saying he is the perfect man for the job, but do we really want/need another career politician in office?

I'd vote for the man that wants to wipe the slate clean and start building all over, with the exception of the Constitution. Where is he and how do I vote for him now?

Comment

Trump threatens independent run, on sidelines of border visit

Comment

Trump is in this to stroke his own ego. He's a media whore that loves to scream "look at me, look at me".

Comment

Steve,

Who would be your "go to" candidate and why do you think that candidate can beat Hillary as opposed to Trump?

I think you created a thought provoking thread and would be interested in hearing your perspective on more candidates.
          Last edited by HoustonHunter; 07-24-2015, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Whatever he is, he has brought life into a usually dull and dreary campaign season. I love the way he is handling the reporters, they need some humble pie these days.

I wait for the day he pulls out of the campaign and backs Ted Cruz.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
              He had a personal meeting with Cruz and I would love to know what was said in it. I think he will drop out later and back Cruz even though I don't know what he sees in Cruz.
              Personally, all I've seen from Cruz is him hold people accountable.

I don't know what others think, but I like what I've seen from Cruz, but I don't follow this nearly as close as some I don't think.

Comment

If have never seen the movie "IDIOCRACY", you need to see it because that is where we are headed as a nation.

We have enough people including people I know, unfortunately, that will vote for Hillary just because she is a female. Totally brainless and voting on things that they have no clue about. They are voting just because they think that it is cool to have a female president. When approached on how they feel about certain subjects, they have not idea. IDIOCRACY in the making I tell ya. Trump reminds me of President Camacho from the movie!! We are headed for some bad times folks, if we do not stand up and start thinking about things and do something about it. Time to take our beautiful country back. 'Merica Ok, I'm done.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                  Whatever he is, he has brought life into a usually dull and dreary campaign season. I love the way he is handling the reporters, they need some humble pie these days.

I wait for the day he pulls out of the campaign and backs Ted Cruz.
                  Do you think the media isn't loving this? I don't really know why you think the media is eating humble pie because of trump. He is a gift from the media gods for them. He's full of crazy soundbites that fill up entire segments and draw viewers.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    Trump-mania will pass. His brash style and media bashing has tapped a vein in certain parts of the electorate who are frustrated with illegal immigration and the MSM. His campaign has no legs long term because there is no there, there. He speaks conservatism as a second language and doesn't know what he doesn't know. Watching him lob grenades has been fun, I must admit. I may be wrong but I will be surprised if he follows through with the third party threat. My guess is when he starts lagging in the polls and the media turns their attention elsewhere he will get bored and go on to something else.
                    A fair assessment.

Comment

I like the guy, he's not scared to speak his mind and doesn't care what others think or who he might offend. That's why he's doing so well everyone is tired of the career politician, we need more people like him.

Comment

It's going to be a Trump/Cruz ticket.

And I'll actually vote for the guy (even though I don't like him much) because there really aren't any other viable options for taking back the White House.

However, I have a lot of faith in the Republicans' ability to screw up anything.

We seem to always pick a loser, and beat up the decent candidates along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                          It's going to be a Trump/Cruz ticket.

And I'll actually vote for the guy (even though I don't like him much) because there really aren't any other viable options for taking back the White House.

However, I have a lot of faith in the Republicans' ability to screw up anything.

We seem to always pick a loser, and beat up the decent candidates along the way.
                          I think there's a lot of wishful thinking on your part in that. I can see a bush/walker or Paul ticket before I see that ticket. It'd certainly not a ticket I would endorse. I'd definitely "throw my vote away" voting libertarian

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                            Trump is an egomaniac Yankee moderate masquerading as a conservative. I agree with your conclusions. But I do think there is a 4th possibility that is best-case scenario.....

For all of Trump's ridiculousness and liberal leanings and flaws, at least he is showing people what it's like to stand up to the liberal media rather than bowing to political correctness. If he continues through the GOP primary and doesn't choose to run as a 3rd party spoiler, and if Walker or Cruz (hopefully) or some other candidate wins the GOP nomination, hopefully they will be emboldened by Trump's example and will be fearless in their campaign against Hillary or whoever in the general election. I think Walker and Cruz already have that fearlessness, but the others in the race would do well to acquire some if they can pull out a victory.

But I fear that Trump's recent popularity is going to prevent his ego from just gracefully riding off into the sunset after he loses the GOP primary. His ego will want to get even with the Republicans, and (at the expense of the nation) he'll run as a 3rd party spoiler. I pray he doesn't, but at this point I'll be surprised if he doesn't.
                            THIS!

we talked about it at work yesterday, if his goal is just to WAKE PEOPLE UP then more power too him...

I THINK this is is plan... I can't understand him actually thinking he can win with these tactics, but they are galvanizing at the least...

So many bad choices, where are the military men who want to lead... where are strong individuals... we get more and more dog and pony and less and less men (by men i mean strong ppl not necessarily the sex, there are women who qualify)

How do you galvanize the middle of america.... cause lord knows the libs have the coast on lockdown... but that is not the majority

Comment

Originally posted by sethcros View Post
                              I think there's a lot of wishful thinking on your part in that. I can see a bush/walker or Paul ticket before I see that ticket. It'd certainly not a ticket I would endorse. I'd definitely "throw my vote away" voting libertarian
                              Am I the only one who thinks bush is too moderate?? he is masquerading as a moderate republican....

I want a candidate who is CONVICTED in their republican values...

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                                Am I the only one who thinks bush is too moderate?? he is masquerading as a moderate republican....

I want a candidate who is CONVICTED in their republican values...
                                I absolutely agree, but I think he's the party's pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X