Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Is Trump a Hack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barrett View Post
    I would hate to see Hilary elected, period. I would hate to see Trump elected.
    That sums it up for me as well. The OP's question... is Trump a hack... Yes, very much so.

Comment

He was here yesterday. Border patrol was no longer allowed to talk to him as was the original reason why he came by invitation . He got word on his plane before he arrived.

Comment

Trump would have to run as an independent, no way the Libertarians will have him.

Comment

Originally posted by rattler03 View Post
          That's kind of my point though. You don't hear much about his solutions because he provides the media with so many controversial, over the top comments that that's all you hear. It'd be nice if the media would cover his solutions, but they are going to air the controversial stuff because that drives ratings and makes them more money. So, by constantly making all these brash one-liners he's playing into the medias hand of covering controversy and diverting all the attention away from his solutions. Most voters don't have the time, or desire unfortunately, to read his books or read his speeches find out his plans and solutions so all they really know about his bid for president are his divisive comments.
          He hasn't ever spelled out much detail in his "solutions". Mostly, he just very bluntly points out what all the problems are, and then he says that he is VERY wealthy and successful, he would kick their *** and fix everything. It sounds great. It's not politically correct at all. People love it. But it's empty. It's very similar to Obama's campaign speeches when he would claim to be the guy that could just talk to the terrorists and bad guys around the world and convince them to be nice. It's just a guy with an over-inflated view of himself who thinks his presence in the room is all that's needed for all the problems to be solved.

Comment

Trump is a clown

Comment

Originally posted by rattler03 View Post
              That's kind of my point though. You don't hear much about his solutions because he provides the media with so many controversial, over the top comments that that's all you hear. It'd be nice if the media would cover his solutions, but they are going to air the controversial stuff because that drives ratings and makes them more money. So, by constantly making all these brash one-liners he's playing into the medias hand of covering controversy and diverting all the attention away from his solutions. Most voters don't have the time, or desire unfortunately, to read his books or read his speeches find out his plans and solutions so all they really know about his bid for president are his divisive comments.
              Hate to say it but no matter what any republican candidate (or any non-Hillary candidate at that) does they will never cover their "solutions" or the "good side", all you will ever see is the controversy--that is their goal.

I see where you are going with it but it's a pipe dream, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by sethcros View Post
                Do you think the media isn't loving this? I don't really know why you think the media is eating humble pie because of trump. He is a gift from the media gods for them. He's full of crazy soundbites that fill up entire segments and draw viewers.
                You have your thoughts, I have mine. When Trump won't put up with their badgering and snide remarks and comes back at them and puts them in their place I think it has an humbling affect on them, or for a better word an embarrassing affect. Either way, he ain't putting up with their junk.

Comment

Originally posted by dgattu View Post
                  He has his own money to campaign with. He doesn't have to please people to get money. He's saying what every American has been yelling for years. I'm a Carson fan but right now I'm loving trump just for speaking his mind and saying exactly what he's been saying.
                  Exactly all the other players have to walk on egg shells to appease their contributors.

Trump has his own cash and acts like the honey badger.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                    You have your thoughts, I have mine. When Trump won't put up with their badgering and snide remarks and comes back at them and puts them in their place I think it has an humbling affect on them, or for a better word an embarrassing affect. Either way, he ain't putting up with their junk.
                    More power to him. I hope he stirs the pot so bad for both sides.

Comment

I remember reading "The Art of the Deal" by Trump in the late 80's. It gives an insight into the man, good and bad. If you are serious about Trump, it might be worth the time to read.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEPs17_AkTI"]Donald Trump Teases a President Bid During a 1988 Oprah Show | The Oprah Winfrey Show | OWN - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I believe the democrats and Obama have made him mad about something and he is jacking with them. I don't think he intends to be President. But he is bringing out the hot topics and taking the heat because he can. He may be out there taking the heat from the democrats and media to protect the Republican candidates from the usual attack on the front runner. Not necessarily because he is a die hard Republican but because he is mad at the democrats. I am interested in Walker, Cruz, Kasich right now.

Comment

still holding out that he will be a solid and valid candidate for the GOP once the real debates get under way.

Comment

Well, I think the debate answered this question. He i a hack intending to disrupt the repubs for Hillary.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                                Trump is in this to stroke his own ego. He's a media whore that loves to scream "look at me, look at me".
                                You got that right--for sure. And after his latest "blood" comments, I think more and more folks may realize he is not a viable candidate.

Comment

Working...
                                X