Is Trump a Hack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
    Telling it like it is (on most issues) is "over the top" ?
    Shane said it perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
      Trump is an egomaniac Yankee moderate masquerading as a conservative. I agree with your conclusions. But I do think there is a 4th possibility that is best-case scenario.....

For all of Trump's ridiculousness and liberal leanings and flaws, at least he is showing people what it's like to stand up to the liberal media rather than bowing to political correctness. If he continues through the GOP primary and doesn't choose to run as a 3rd party spoiler, and if Walker or Cruz (hopefully) or some other candidate wins the GOP nomination, hopefully they will be emboldened by Trump's example and will be fearless in their campaign against Hillary or whoever in the general election. I think Walker and Cruz already have that fearlessness, but the others in the race would do well to acquire some if they can pull out a victory.

But I fear that Trump's recent popularity is going to prevent his ego from just gracefully riding off into the sunset after he loses the GOP primary. His ego will want to get even with the Republicans, and (at the expense of the nation) he'll run as a 3rd party spoiler. I pray he doesn't, but at this point I'll be surprised if he doesn't.
      I agree with every word you wrote. I find myself liking him for the same reasons. I just have a nagging feeling Im being had.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        I agree with every word you wrote. I find myself liking him for the same reasons. I just have a nagging feeling Im being had.
        Because he's saying exactly what a segment of the voting public wants to hear. It's red meat, and it gets a lot of folks on here fired up, but I don't buy anything that comes out of his mouth.he's not in it to be president. It's all about publicity

Comment

Originally posted by sethcros View Post
          Because he's saying exactly what a segment of the voting public wants to hear. It's red meat, and it gets a lot of folks on here fired up, but I don't buy anything that comes out of his mouth.he's not in it to be president. It's all about publicity
          I think he is in it to be president, but mostly just to feed his ego. And he's vindictive enough to ruin it for all the other Republicans if he loses the nomination.

Comment

If Hillary wins I bet she puts Trump in her cabinet. The fix may already be in.

Comment

Not a fan.

Comment

Did I hear correctly that he recently said this in an interview? "I never ask God for forgiveness because I've never done anything I need forgiveness for". Hmmm... He just loves the limelight, being the fart in church and the floater in the punchbowl. If he was just ignored, he would go away. However the media won't ignore him, and covering him has the added benefit of painting Republicans as mouth breathing morons...

Comment

I have never liked Trump....never........and because of this I am on guard every time he opens his mouth. Sure he is saying all the right things now but I am cautiously watching and listening. And I am **** sure not going to be one of the sheeple who jump on his bandwagon as soon as he says something I want to hear. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing until he proves otherwise.....and he's gonna need a Trump tower worth of proof..
                  Last edited by Smart; 07-23-2015, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    Did I hear correctly that he recently said this in an interview? "I never ask God for forgiveness because I've never done anything I need forgiveness for". Hmmm... He just loves the limelight, being the fart in church and the floater in the punchbowl. If he was just ignored, he would go away. However the media won't ignore him, and covering him has the added benefit of painting Republicans as mouth breathing morons...
                    Apparently you heard correctly. Wow. What an ego!

He is so out of touch with real conservatives it isn't even funny, but he doesn't even realize that.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      Apparently you heard correctly. Wow. What an ego!

He is so out of touch with real conservatives it isn't even funny, but he doesn't even realize that.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/trum.../18/id/657832/
                      Can you imagine if we elected a reality TV star? I know people on here think the world laughs at us with Obama, but the laughter around the world if this guy would get elected would measure on the Richter scale.

Comment

I like Trump and Cruz. It would be nice to see them both Pres./V.P. in any order.
                        His polls are speaking loudly. You might not like his arrogance nor his non PC words but people are fed up with politicians. Can Donald actually do any worse?

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
                          I like Trump and Cruz. It would be nice to see them both Pres./V.P. in any order.
                          His polls are speaking loudly. You might not like his arrogance nor his non PC words but people are fed up with politicians. Can Donald actually do any worse?
                          Yes he can do worse! he can get Hillary elected! I like what he is saying, im just worried about his motives. Much of what he is saying now doesnt line up with his history.

Comment

I agree with just about everything he says but don't think HE is the right guy for the job.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                              Trump-mania will pass. His brash style and media bashing has tapped a vein in certain parts of the electorate who are frustrated with illegal immigration and the MSM. His campaign has no legs long term because there is no there, there. He speaks conservatism as a second language and doesn't know what he doesn't know. Watching him lob grenades has been fun, I must admit. I may be wrong but I will be surprised if he follows through with the third party threat. My guess is when he starts lagging in the polls and the media turns their attention elsewhere he will get bored and go on to something else.
                              This^^^^^^^ EXACTLY !

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                                Yes he can do worse! he can get Hillary elected! I like what he is saying, im just worried about his motives. Much of what he is saying now doesnt line up with his history.
                                Don't count him out because of Hilliary. He might surprise us all.

Comment

Working...
                                X