Thoughts on Dade Phelan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
    Since I haven’t noticed a post since the primary…..

There will be a runoff. Covey got 46% and Phelan got 44%. A third candidate got 9%.

This was way better than I expected but it will be a tough fight. I suspect that many Democrats did not vote in their primary, since there mostly was no point locally. I suspect that Phelan will be going hard to get them to cross the aisle just for the primary, which they can do if they did not vote in the Democrat primary.

Covey got about 15.5k votes and Phelan got 14.5k. The other candidate got 3.5k.

I am hoping that all of the 3.5k votes was an anti-Phelan vote and not necessarily a strong supporter of the other candidate. If most of them show up and vote in the runoff in a few weeks, there’s a good chance that feeling will be defeated.

The old truth that it really depends on turnout will never be more evident than in this runoff.

Now I have a few more weeks of several more flyers almost daily and texts and phone calls….. 🤣🤣🤣

🤞🏼
    So true.

This was a race to be watched that I failed to watch. Thanks for bringing us all up to speed.

Comment

The turnout was really good at my local voting place. Had to stand in line about 45 minutes never had to do that there before.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
        The turnout was really good at my local voting place. Had to stand in line about 45 minutes never had to do that there before.
        I voted early and will probably do so again.

Comment

Since I haven’t noticed a post since the primary…..

There will be a runoff. Covey got 46% and Phelan got 44%. A third candidate got 9%.

This was way better than I expected but it will be a tough fight. I suspect that many Democrats did not vote in their primary, since there mostly was no point locally. I suspect that Phelan will be going hard to get them to cross the aisle just for the primary, which they can do if they did not vote in the Democrat primary.

Covey got about 15.5k votes and Phelan got 14.5k. The other candidate got 3.5k.

I am hoping that all of the 3.5k votes was an anti-Phelan vote and not necessarily a strong supporter of the other candidate. If most of them show up and vote in the runoff in a few weeks, there’s a good chance that feeling will be defeated.

The old truth that it really depends on turnout will never be more evident than in this runoff.

Now I have a few more weeks of several more flyers almost daily and texts and phone calls….. 🤣🤣🤣

🤞🏼
          I had wondered how this race wound up, and pretty much resigned that the “political machine” must have won. This is great news and I hope Phelan gets sent packing

Comment

Another, for what it’s worth tidbit….

The election was just mentioned on the national media radio station Clay and Buck.

They had Ken Paxton on the show talking about the divide caused by Dade Phelan, mentioning him by name.

Now we know why Phelan is spending in the vicinity of $10 million.

Comment

Yep. I sure hope that voters show up in the runoff and vote against Dade Phelan.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                Yep. I sure hope that voters show up in the runoff and vote against Dade Phelan.
                I hope so too. Crazy how so many just don’t realize how much of a RINO Phelan is.

Comment

Well things must be quiet on the Phelan/Covey front. I haven’t got one phone call, text or flyer in the mail since the primary. Guess they are regrouping and getting a battle strategy in place for the run off.

Comment

Well things must be quiet on the Phelan/Covey front. I haven’t got one phone call, text or flyer in the mail since the primary. Guess they are regrouping and getting a battle strategy in place for the run off.
                    I have gone from about 6 texts, calls and/or flyers to 0.

The runoff is still several weeks out.

I think they are saving for the last big push near the runoff election, maybe 10-14 days out.

Comment

Got my first flyer today in the mail from Dade Phelan since the primary. Guess the run off campaigning is beginning.

Comment

Got my first flyer today in the mail from Dade Phelan since the primary. Guess the run off campaigning is beginning.
                        It’s still early but I have seen the local forums heat up.

Six weeks until early voting and seven weeks until the runoff.

Comment

It’s still early but I have seen the local forums heat up.

Six weeks until early voting and seven weeks until the runoff.
                          Where are these local forums found? Could you provide a link?

Comment

Where are these local forums found? Could you provide a link?
                            Mostly on facebook, especially in the news media Facebook pages like KFDM, etc. Also a couple of dedicated political forums.

I help moderate a political forum (Southeast Texas Discussions) and we are fairly strict on posting to keep it from getting out of hand. No profanity, no personal attacks, no memes in the comments and so on.

Some local ones like Jeffco Politics and More and Jefferson County Texas Politics can be brutal.

Comment

Getting closer…. I got two full color and size, thick paper flyers on Saturday. The campaign lull might be about to end.

Comment

Yep. Same here. Think things will be kicked up a notch soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X