Thoughts on Dade Phelan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on Dade Phelan?

Thoughts on Dade Phelan? He’s the incumbent but David Covey seems to be ok.

The whole getting drunk and slurring words on video is enough to look for other options.

Comment

Phelan is terrible. You may have noticed that he was just censured by the Republican Party of Texas. He put democrats in as chairs of several house committees, led the sham impeachment effort of Ken Paxton, etc.
      vote for anyone else!

Comment

He's trash. David Covey for the win.

Comment

He’s why school choice never succeeded. He’s a rhino through and through.

Comment

Swamp scum. Needs to go.

Comment

Lol I see the thoughts of the first 5 responses were similar to mine. I just wanted to gage what others thought.

Comment

The Texas GOP has voted 55-4 to censure current State House Speaker Dade Phelan for impeaching Attorney General Ken Paxton...what does this actually mean??

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  The Texas GOP has voted 55-4 to censure current State House Speaker Dade Phelan for impeaching Attorney General Ken Paxton...what does this actually mean??
                  It means 4 others need to get “primaried “ along with Phelan. And I don’t event really like Paxton and suspect he is probably a shady fellow, that impeachment was unethical at best.

for a moment, ignore the fact that Phelan went after a political opponent, Paxton (they should be allies), and ignore for a second that Phelan gave committee chairs to Dems rather than Rs (in the name of reaching across the aisle). When in fact he wouldn’t have been Speaker without Dem help, so it was more likely a quid pro quo…. Just ignore those glaring flaws for a moment.

if you showed up to your job after a lunch break in this condition, would you still have your job?

no you wouldn’t, and the people of his district need to fire him too

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post

It means 4 others need to get “primaried “ along with Phelan. And I don’t event really like Paxton and suspect he is probably a shady fellow, that impeachment was unethical at best.

for a moment, ignore the fact that Phelan went after a political opponent, Paxton (they should be allies), and ignore for a second that Phelan gave committee chairs to Dems rather than Rs (in the name of reaching across the aisle). When in fact he wouldn’t have been Speaker without Dem help, so it was more likely a quid pro quo…. Just ignore those glaring flaws for a moment.

if you showed up to your job after a lunch break in this condition, would you still have your job?

That’s the video I was referring to.

Comment

Did he get a tooth pulled or something?

Comment

This is a really good video, if we don’t fix this problem Texas will go the way of many other states.
                        Phelan starts at about 17:30
                        Gets to the heart of the problem after 28:00
                        Last edited by Red Letters; 02-10-2024, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                          The whole getting drunk and slurring words on video is enough to look for other options.
                          I have no idea who, or what, y’all are talking about…but I’m not crazy about the negative connotation in this statement…

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

I have no idea who, or what, y’all are talking about…but I’m not crazy about the negative connotation in this statement…
                            Dade Phelan is the Speaker of the Texas House. If he does not win reelection in his district then he will be unable to be elected Speaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post

I agree 100%. He’s a slimeball

Comment

Working...
                              X