• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
    Born in Texas, equals ability to wear cowboy hat! Just my .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bingo

Comment

I ain’t owned a stick of livestock my entire life, but i wear a cowboy hat a whole bunch to keep the sun off me while i run my side business cutting grass. Not trying to be a cowboy just using it for its functionality

Comment

I’ve got a bunch of cattle and don’t own a hat

Comment

All hat no rope?

Every "cowboy" in my high school had "rope brand" ball cap with
          bedazzled jeans that never touched a rope or dirt in their life.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            Funny how many people don’t know the difference between a cattleman and a cowboy. Cowboys were hats. Cattlemen wear whatever the hell they want.[emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            yep!!!

Comment

I love wearing my straw hat working dad's cows, mowing/weed eating fence lines, to playing golf with the boys. I have one felt hat that is worn for some fancy occasions. I don't think the all hat and no cattle pertains to if you have cattle, more so your work ethic and how you treat people/women.
              Last edited by UncleBubba; 03-20-2023, 04:00 PM.

Comment

I wear a straw cowboy hat in the summer to mow. Usually wear shorts, crocs & a raggy tee shirt at the same time. No cattle here. I never really thought of it before but the rancher that owns our Uvalde lease wears a ball cap. His ranch hand wears a cowboy hat.

Comment

I haven't owned a cow in 30 years but I still wear flipflops

Comment

If it makes them happy they should wear it. Shouldn’t make any difference what I or anyone else thinks.

Comment

I don’t think there’s anything better looking than a man in a hat and boots. If he smells a little like cow sh**, even better.

As for the saying, “He’s all hat and no cattle,” it’s a metaphor. It refers to a person who brags about being something he is not, or someone who wants to infer that he has credentials he doesn’t have.

Comment

Most guys I see working cattle have a ball cap and tennis shows, mending fences and doing chores on a side by side.

Comment

I bought my first cowboy hat this year, it’s a nice felt one too, there is a funny stigma around them. I have yet to wear mine. Maybe stock show time next year. For what it’s worth, we own a few cows and have for a long time. I just prefer a floppy hat in the summertime.

Comment

Not a problem if you wear a cowboy hat with me but I wear a baseball cap and haven't played baseball in years. But I wore a hard hat.

Comment

If another man's attire bothers you, that says more about you than him.

Comment

I grew up in one of the largest cattle producing counties in Texas and 95% of the ranchers I know wear caps.

Wear what floats your boat and who cares about what anyone else does....

Comment

Working...
                                X