No announcement yet.

Ford or GM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just dropped 5k on a transmission for my Chevy 3/4 ton. Shop said they do a lot of them. Wishing I had gone with the f250

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
      My fleet 2018 F150 coyote motor burns a quart to2 quarts every 5K miles.

All the others our fleet, the same year model and motor do the same.

Ford has as fix they will sell you. It literally is a new dipstick with new markings on it. I cannot make this stuff up.

Search F150 burning oil……it’s not a big secret.

Exact reason I only had a 2018 F-150 for a year to the date…she been gone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I've been happy with the 7.3 gas 250 we bought. Pulling the travel trailer, tractor or boat.

I wish it got the mileage these guys are posting. I ran it to Mexico and back the other day. Cruise set on 75 and got 15. The 6.7 is getting almost 20 doin that.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
          Bought a 2500 gas a few weeks ago. Drive it a few days and traded it in on a duramax. The 6.6 gas just didn’t do it for me and I don’t like running 6k rpm pulling a trailer up
          Hill. The dealer thought i was crazy trading in a four day old
          Truck in.
          I'm a Chevy guy & you are right the 6.6 makes it's torque at a very high RPM. Not sure if I would like that. I got 113000 miles on my L5P with no problems except the driver's side blinker bulb went out at 50,000

Comment

Originally posted by bentman View Post
            I'm a Chevy guy & you are right the 6.6 makes it's torque at a very high RPM. Not sure if I would like that. I got 113000 miles on my L5P with no problems except the driver's side blinker bulb went out at 50,000
            Picked up my new truck last night and like the power compare to the 6.6. I have a company truck I drive during the week so I will have to wait until
            This weekend to get some more time behind the wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by WTN View Post
              Well I just experienced the death wobble for the first time today in my 2017 F250. Not fun.
              Same here.2 weeks ago...2016 F350 SRW
              Scariest thing I’ve ever been involved with behind the wheel.
              Absolutely unacceptable Ford continues to build these things knowing this issue

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                I've been happy with the 7.3 gas 250 we bought. Pulling the travel trailer, tractor or boat.

I wish it got the mileage these guys are posting. I ran it to Mexico and back the other day. Cruise set on 75 and got 15. The 6.7 is getting almost 20 doin that.

6.7 Powerstroke? If so , whomever is saying 20 is completely FOS! I love that motor but they won’t get that at 75 unless they have a 40 mph tail wind pushing them Unloaded! Complete Bologna! 18 Maybe with no wind at all and 0 load

Comment

I’m ready to get my 3/4 ton. Seeing this just makes me not want to get one. So many issues with the big 3 from everyone. Gas diesel 6 speed 10 speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas View Post
                    Found
                    On
                    Road
                    Dead

‘Nuff said [emoji2371]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Can
                    Hear
                    Every
                    Valve
                    Rattle
                    On
                    Long
                    Extended
                    Trips
                    😎

Cheap
                    Hardly
                    Efficient
                    Virtually
                    Runs
                    On
                    Luck
                    Every
                    Time
                    😂

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                      6.7 Powerstroke? If so , whomever is saying 20 is completely FOS! I love that motor but they won’t get that at 75 unless they have a 40 mph tail wind pushing them Unloaded! Complete Bologna! 18 Maybe with no wind at all and 0 load
                      You where saying...

If he wasn't fishing this week, he'd probably post that pic himself. SRW F350 4X4

Comment

You where saying...

If he wasn't fishing this week, he'd probably post that pic himself. SRW F350 4X4

It's no secret those gauges are wrong. Hand calc next time it's filled up.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                          I'd agree once you add different tires,lift etc. However, work supplied GM and personal ford are pretty accurate. Like I said I did the math on our 7.3 to Mexico and back and it matched the computer.

I did the work truck cause I thought there was no way a 1/2 ton 4x4 with a camper and a 5.3 would average 14. The 6.2 we had was better than that.

In the end if mileage is your concern with a 3/4 anything tow vehicle, you might as well stick with a John boat and a tent

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                            I’ve checked mine 2-3 times. On a tank to tank the dash was with in .1 or spot on every single time.
                            8 hour to south Texas with cruise set I got 19.5. Best I’ve ever got 6.7 psd

6.4 deleted same trip 21

Comment

You where saying...

That's my picture . I've never hand calculated because I like what I see[emoji1787]. But I will do it I don't think it will be to much difference.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by low fence View Post
                                often ones opinion depends on what their dad drove.

If dad drove a ford… chances are child will drive a ford

if dad drove a gm….. We’ll….. They probably had 2 dads
                                lol

Comment

Working...
                                X