No announcement yet.

Ford or GM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the 21 Tremor with the 7.3 and love it other than the color. I get between 11 and 14 mpg with no trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Youngblood View Post
      I have the 21 Tremor with the 7.3 and love it other than the color. I get between 11 and 14 mpg with no trailer.

That’s what ordered in carbonized grey, sport appearance package

Comment

Between myself and 2 sons, we go through a lot of trucks. Between us, we've purchased 9 fully featured gas 2500s in the last 4 years. 2 Chevy, 3 Ford and 4 Rams. We put on a lot of miles, with a lot of off road mountain hunting. We pull various trailers, with horse trailers being the most common. Without a doubt, the Rams with the 6.4 hemi have been the best all around truck. The engine has had all the pulling power we need and the interiors are the most comfortable to me. We had continual trouble with the Fords, engine (6.2), electrical and the interiors just shook apart. The Chevy interiors also shook apart and the drive train just wouldn't hold up to pulling heavy loads. I'm looking at purchasing another truck in the next year and the 7.3 Ford Tremor intrigues me, but I'm afraid it will rattle like a carnival ride after my first elk hunt. There's no chance it will be a GM product.

Many people look at companies that run fleet vehicles, which Ford dominates. Therefore, they believe Ford makes the best trucks. However, most of my clients that run fleets buy Fords, because they get the best pricing on them. I spend a lot of time around ranchers, who pull trailers all over the mountains. Ram dominates that market. I hear consistently that it is because the Rams hold up to those conditions the best.

Comment

30-06 or 270 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Filletem View Post
            30-06 or 270 ?
            .308 or 7-08 is more better.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Filletem View Post
              30-06 or 270 ?

What popped into my head as well. Mechanical or Fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                I would go Ford.
                We have always had GM work trucks. The motor has been solid, but the transmissions suck.
                And have for years……

Comment

Originally posted by 160class View Post
                  It could be just the diesels they run them in, I never looked into a gasser when I was looking
                  They have a 10 speed in the 1/2 tons with the 6.2 chevy motor but not sure if it's really same and the one in the diesel never looked into ot far cause I hated the way the 1/2 looked and felt when I sat in the 21s

Comment

Originally posted by mww982 View Post
                    I've ordered a 2022 Ford F-250 with the 7.3L gasser and 4.30 rear end. Who knows when the truck will be built. I'm also interested in the GMC 2500 with the 6.6 gas engine. I've always been a Ford guy but not anti-Chevy....I'm anti-Ram. Would you consider the GM or stick with the Ford?

I just bought a 2500 with the gas burner. I like it. I had a ram 2500 with the Cummins before. It rides tougher for sure but it tows just fine.

Comment

I have been in every pickup mfg. known to make it seems with company vehicles and last on my list would be a GM product. Right now I would put Ford and Ram neck and neck as to quality that I have driven.

Ford would be higher if their coyote motor doesn’t eat a quart or two of oil per oil change, 10 spd tranny issues, and having 2 Sinc units replaced (all know quality issues they refuse to address).

You can only imagine the GM issues I saw if they are last on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                        And have for years……
                        It's mind boggling that they havn't done something about it. Aside from the Allison, they've been trash since they went to the 700R from the TH400.

I have had about 15 at the company over the years, because I have a decent transmision guy, and it was still cheaper than owning Fords....also some loyalty to my dealer. But the next one I buy that I don't have to drive will be a ford, unless Chevy proves they can put a better transmission in a 3/4 ton.

Comment

Bought a 2500 gas a few weeks ago. Drive it a few days and traded it in on a duramax. The 6.6 gas just didn’t do it for me and I don’t like running 6k rpm pulling a trailer up
                          Hill. The dealer thought i was crazy trading in a four day old
                          Truck in.

Comment

Everybody that I’ve talked to loves their 7.3. I drove a buddy’s a while back and was pretty impressed. Big improvement over the 6.2 gassers. He traded his ‘11 6.7 for it. It says a lot to me the amount of people coming from diesels that are still happy with them. It’s going to be hard to convince me to get away from a diesel after getting used to my deleted ‘19 6.7, but I might have to consider a 7.3 for my next vehicle, especially if the emissions BS keeps getting stricter.

I haven’t heard near the amount of praise for the 6.6 gassers compared to the 7.3 for whatever that’s worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post
                              I have a new Ford F-250 diesel and I’m not that happy with it. The dealership sucks. The radio is a hunk of crap that has never worked right. Touchscreen is crap. Can’t get the dealership to do anything they said they’d do. No call backs. Can’t hardly get a loaner when I bring it to them to fix the stuff they’ve had it several times to fix and still can’t get it right. I’ve had Ram 2500 diesels for years and I’m gonna go back to Ram and get the HO Cummins with the Aisin tranny. I wouldn’t buy a Chevy to pull a 4x8 trailer. I think I’m done with Ford after this treatment. Mak Haik Ford is terrible.

I won’t ever deal with Mac Haik again. The one in Pasadena specifically lol. I got screwed by them a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
                                Bought a 2500 gas a few weeks ago. Drive it a few days and traded it in on a duramax. The 6.6 gas just didn’t do it for me and I don’t like running 6k rpm pulling a trailer up
                                Hill. The dealer thought i was crazy trading in a four day old
                                Truck in.
                                This ain’t no joke I had a 2500 6.0 pulling a TT over Raton pass I was just praying that motor would hold together until I made it over the top. 6k plus the whole way up. I swapped to the 6.7 power stroke and after one trip to Yellowstone pulling the same TT y’all can have my share of the gassers. I’ll stick with the diesel.

Comment

Working...
                                X