Ford or GM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford or GM

I've ordered a 2022 Ford F-250 with the 7.3L gasser and 4.30 rear end. Who knows when the truck will be built. I'm also interested in the GMC 2500 with the 6.6 gas engine. I've always been a Ford guy but not anti-Chevy....I'm anti-Ram. Would you consider the GM or stick with the Ford?

That big ol V8 with 4:30s, and the 10 speed, will be a stomper!

I’m a life long Chevy guy, but I won’t buy a 3/4 or 1 ton with any motor, if they can’t prove to me that they have a transmission that will stand up.

I bought an F550 for the company with the 7.3 and 10spd, and so far it’s been a monster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Found
      On
      Road
      Dead

‘Nuff said [emoji2371]

Comment

[emoji1312][emoji1312][emoji1312]let the war begin lol both are great trucks in all reality

Comment

Mine is a 2001 GMC 4X4 2500HD with an 8.1 gas and an Allison Tranny. 353k miles with the original motor and tranny and I've worked her hard!!! I'm a GM man all the way! I owned one big Ford 3/4 ton....ONE!

Comment

Ford!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              That big ol V8 with 4:30s, and the 10 speed, will be a stomper!

I’m a life long Chevy guy, but I won’t buy a 3/4 or 1 ton with any motor, if they can’t prove to me that they have a transmission that will stand up.

I bought an F550 for the company with the 7.3 and 10spd, and so far it’s been a monster.

I’m pretty sure the Chevy and Ford 10SPD transmission is the same transmission.

Now idk if Chevy is running it in the gas model 3/4 and 1 tons

Comment

Originally posted by kas View Post
                [emoji1312][emoji1312][emoji1312]let the war begin lol both are great trucks in all reality

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
                lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kas View Post

I knew it would start something I've talked to several people who have the 7.3 and the love the truck. Just started looking at the GMC and wanting to get an opinion on them since I really don't have one right now.

Comment

Got 16,000 miles on my 21 chevy with the 6.6 gas with stock truck I was getting 17-18 mpg average ..... but then j got oversized tires now I get 12-13 with and without a loaded trailer. I will say pulling 3 skirted cm truck beds and a pig bumper pull trailer it doesn't want to get on the highway in a hurry. Have a petal commander coming in tomorrow to see if it will fix the pre set crap the factory does to all the new trucks to get every last mpg out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by 160class View Post
                      I’m pretty sure the Chevy and Ford 10SPD transmission is the same transmission.

Now idk if Chevy is running it in the gas model 3/4 and 1 tons
                      If they are its in the top of the line version. My custom has the HD 6 speed

Comment

We run a fleet of over 200 lease trucks for the field engineers. Currently everyone is in the Chevy 1500/2500 4x4. The transmission goes out around 100k, this has happened to multiple engineers including myself and I run with an empty bed.

The best trucks we ever leased were the Dodge 2500, they were tanks never broke down. I purchased mine from lease agency after 120k miles and gave to my son. He traded after 300k on it still running strong and he hit a hog and buck with it on the ranch he worked for.

When I purchase it will be a dodge.

Comment

Originally posted by shwacker1911 View Post
                          If they are its in the top of the line version. My custom has the HD 6 speed
                          It could be just the diesels they run them in, I never looked into a gasser when I was looking

Comment

Originally posted by mww982 View Post
                            I knew it would start something I've talked to several people who have the 7.3 and the love the truck. Just started looking at the GMC and wanting to get an opinion on them since I really don't have one right now.
                            I’ll tell you this , I have a brand new GMC and it has rattles and squeaks everywhere! **** poor QC!

It doesn’t take long to read about them to see a lot of this! Unfortunately I didn’t do a lot of research! Fords seats package for package are a Lot more comfortable!

Comment

Often ones opinion depends on what their Dad drove.

If Dad drove a ford… chances are child will drive a ford

If Dad drove a GM….. we’ll….. they probably had 2 dads

Comment

Working...
                              X