2022 Toyota Tundra Press Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mpotts View Post
    I have a 2010 5.7 that just turned over 221,000 it has a 6 inch lift with 305-55x20 mine gets 11-13mpg. our Ranch truck is a 2008 Tundra and it has 296,000. I just hate the small gas tanks
    $1200 can fix that gas tank....Best thing I did for my '14 was the 49 gallon tank

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
      We live down the road from the toyota plant in Plano and know a few people who work there along with GM of local dealership is a good friend. Being told they overly built these trucks and expect 500k from it. I'm a Toyota fan boy after owning 3 tundras, please dont disappoint!
      That's good to know. Hoping in 7-8 years my son can drive it.

Comment

Originally posted by mpotts View Post
        I have a 2010 5.7 that just turned over 221,000 it has a 6 inch lift with 305-55x20 mine gets 11-13mpg. our Ranch truck is a 2008 Tundra and it has 296,000. I just hate the small gas tanks
        2016+ Crew Cabs have 38 gallon tanks

Comment

38 gallon but I’ve drive a good while on E and still only get 34 in it!

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          2016+ Crew Cabs have 38 gallon tanks

Comment

Hummm.......it may grow on me. [emoji848] I'm on my 2nd tundra with the 5.7 and totally happy. The front grill definitely not my style but mentioned earlier it can be changed out. My 07 got 441k and never touched a bolt on the engine!!!! My 2019 is absolutely beast mode [emoji123]. Tundra has earned my business over and over!!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
              $1200 can fix that gas tank....Best thing I did for my '14 was the 49 gallon tank
              Details please?

I’ve read the 38 gallon tank actually only offers 30 useable gallons. Saw someone put 34. Most I’ve gotten in mine is 28, but I try not to get on E.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                Details please?

I’ve read the 38 gallon tank actually only offers 30 useable gallons. Saw someone put 34. Most I’ve gotten in mine is 28, but I try not to get on E.

Seems prices have gone up and tank is smaller.

My low fuel light comes on with about 9 gallons left. I haven’t ran it empty but I’ve been pretty dang close.

Comment

So how much did the turbo V6 improve gas mileage?

Comment

Originally posted by niceg3s View Post
                    I’m more concerned what I’m going to be repairing in 10 years or 200k miles. Twin turbo and hybrid sound expensive and not going to make it that long. Could be wrong. That’s my primary concern. I’m aware diesels have turbos. I’ll end up buying a Tundra to be honest.
                    My two cents, if Ford can make a TT motor last to 200k pretty consistently, I have to imagine Toyota should have no problem doing it.

Another thing to worry about is the stupid batteries that are going to be expensive to replace. Last time I dug into it, at about 100k miles, the batteries needed to be replaced, and it cost a couple thousand to replace.

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                      I can live with the smaller tank in my '07 but the most annoying problem is it backs up so bad in the neck that it wants to shut the pump off 5 gallons short of full. I have to dribble it in to top it off.

Comment

I think they should have offered a third option similar to the 5.7 V8 without the twin turbo's. Maybe at a lower price point. Bet it would have helped sales. They could have increased MPG's with a different transmission. That would be your long hauler truck.

Keep it simple.

Comment

been wanting to upgrade my 2010 model. hopefully a bunch of guys want the new one and send plenty of used 2018 to 2021 models into the market.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Kind of disappointed with the specs. I was hoping they would top 400 hp.

Comment

Not saying it’s the same but since they are both made by the Toyota motor corporation my wife had a Lexus suv hybrid for awhile and it was a POS

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                                My two cents, if Ford can make a TT motor last to 200k pretty consistently, I have to imagine Toyota should have no problem doing it.

Another thing to worry about is the stupid batteries that are going to be expensive to replace. Last time I dug into it, at about 100k miles, the batteries needed to be replaced, and it cost a couple thousand to replace.
                                Ya, the hybrid concept is okay in theory, just worried about extreme weather and other conditions as well as longevity. That’s why I was hoping for a diesel. Also a 6.5’ bed.

Comment

Working...
                                X