2022 Toyota Tundra Press Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by niceg3s
    I'm still waiting on mine. Evidently if you want a hybrid without a pano roof, you are out of luck. Will give it another few weeks, then probably buy a Ford.

Was listening to the CarPro show. A guy called in about the Tacoma he has been waiting on for weeks. Jerry, the show host, said Toyota is only making the vehicals that sell fast right now, and told the guy the Dealership has zero influence in getting the one he wants. Also, paraphrasing right now, he explained Toyota is the slowest at getting cars produced.

Comment

Anyone having issues with the twin turbo yet?

Comment

Have 23' limited TRD hybrid, 2000 miles and all good. Ride quality is far superior over the 22' GMC I had. JBL stereo is a huge upgrade over the past systems in Tundra. Updated technology is impressive and happy with it. Hope to get 200k out of truck, time will tell.

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
          I have twin turbos on the BMW. Expecting them to break first. Lots of moving parts to fail...

Comment

I think 200k is fair. Unfortunately the 5.7 can go 300-500 without much. Next truck might be 2020 or 21 tundra unless the turbos prove themselves

Comment

I have a 2019 now after a long run with my 2007 Tundra. I need a body change before I let this one go with the 5.7 liter engine. Hopefully a body change in 5 years or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                I have a 2019 now after a long run with my 2007 Tundra. I need a body change before I let this one go with the 5.7 liter engine. Hopefully a body change in 5 years or so.

There is a complete body change on the 2022...or do you mean another in addition? ..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  There is a complete body change on the 2022...or do you mean another in addition? ..

Hang on to your older ones. This model is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Yes, i am not a fan of the current body style. They kept the last style for 14 years or so if I remember correctly. I suspect the current style will be changed sooner than 14 years.....I am hoping for much sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                      Hang on to your older ones. This model is a joke.
                      Care to elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                        I sold my 19 for a Corolla… hoping to buy a 19 20 or 21 in a year or 2

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                          Care to elaborate?
                          Plastic around the rear bumper. No front tow hooks. 6 banger with turbos.
                          It just isn’t built as good as the previous generation.

Comment

I rented a 2022 TRD Pro for a week in November, and drove through lots of heavy wet sand hills with ease. It was fun to drive on and off road.

Never owned a truck, but it felt powerful and very solid to me. Try one out and see what you think.

Comment

Unfortunately gas mileage is terrible on the new Tundra. Ford,Ram, Chevy/GMC all get better gas mileage. Also read the engine is underpowered.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxlab View Post
                                Unfortunately gas mileage is terrible on the new Tundra. Ford,Ram, Chevy/GMC all get better gas mileage. Also read the engine is underpowered.

My buddy is averaging 21 but no lift and still has factory tires and he raves about his. Curious where you read the underpowered part? I read it has more HP than my 5.7 tundra and is rated to tow 12k vs mine at 10.2k. I am considering one but will likely wait several more months to hear some more real life reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X