No announcement yet.

2022 Toyota Tundra Press Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 2013 tundra is getting long in the tooth.

I will most likely get one of these when I get ready to get a new truck.

I really like the lunar rock color in the TRD off-road package with the painted bumpers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
      My 2013 tundra is getting long in the tooth.

I will most likely get one of these when I get ready to get a new truck.

I really like the lunar rock color in the TRD off-road package with the painted bumpers.

This is what I rented. Still had factory sticker on windshield. Felt guilty getting it dirty, but I did wash it before turning it back in.

Comment

Reading is one thing, owning one is another.

Hand calculated 19.8 with stop and go to highway speeds. This is a hybrid

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
        My buddy is averaging 21 but no lift and still has factory tires and he raves about his. Curious where you read the underpowered part? I read it has more HP than my 5.7 tundra and is rated to tow 12k vs mine at 10.2k. I am considering one but will likely wait several more months to hear some more real life reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxlab View Post
          Unfortunately gas mileage is terrible on the new Tundra. Ford,Ram, Chevy/GMC all get better gas mileage. Also read the engine is underpowered.
          Where is the data on this ?

Co-worker has one and it beats the heck out of my current ride. MPG is the reason I did not purchase a prior version but looking at the current models.

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
            Where is the data on this ?

Co-worker has one and it beats the heck out of my current ride. MPG is the reason I did not purchase a prior version but looking at the current models.

Averaging 17.5 in our 2wd non-hybrid tundra

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
              Plastic around the rear bumper. No front tow hooks. 6 banger with turbos.

It just isn’t built as good as the previous generation.
              Wind noise at highway speeds the can't seem to fix, leaking roofs on some models, cheap plastic interior, poor fit and finish, popping center console arm rest.......

The vast majority of owners are not getting the rated mpg. Most seem to be 17-19 mpg on the highway. I recall one guy saying his mileage is worse than his old Tundra with the 5.7 V8.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                Wind noise at highway speeds the can't seem to fix, leaking roofs on some models, cheap plastic interior, poor fit and finish, popping center console arm rest.......

The vast majority of owners are not getting the rated mpg. Most seem to be 17-19 mpg on the highway. I recall one guy saying his mileage is worse than his old Tundra with the 5.7 V8.
                You would think there would be several on the used market with those reviews and why I asked. I am still not a fan of the new body style but I am curious to hear first hand reviews.

Comment

Daaang…. That sounds like a flop

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that, Keith . Sounds like they went domestic

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Those Tundras are the ugliest pick-ups I've ever considered purchasing. I looked at a white limited and after the test drive I left the lot. Bought a Chevy....

ac

Comment

Keith, have you actually been, rode in, or owned one? Or are these problems from reviews you read. I'm a big fan of my 2016 and my previous 04. It would be a shame if tundra is going down hill.

Comment

I've been driving a 22 Tundra (company truck) for 4 months. 4x4 crew cab TR5. I haven't manually checked mileage, but I was around 18.2 avg for the first 15K miles, per the ECP. I drive fairly efficiently and mostly highway. Avg fuel mileage has dropped significantly since I've started pulling a camper with it through much of December. I'll check it specifically under load this weekend.

I like the pickup ok. I like the way it drives, for the most part, and it pulls my 28' camper (7500GVRW and 500# tongue weight) just fine. No issues with acceleration and power.

IMO, the exterior on mine looks a little too "sporty" for my tastes. Just not really my style. I don't like the blackout wheels, and the black plastic exterior trim (on seemingly every new truck model) looks cheap to me.

I didn't have any input on options for mine, and I don't have much adjustability on my seats other than forwards/backwards and tilt. Not as comfortable as it could be, but I'm sure with different seats that could be alleviated.

I hate the 5.5' bed. Nothing more to say there, except I like the adjustable tie-down rail system on mine.

22ish gallon fuel tank sucks (especially when pulling a trailer.)

I get EXTREMELY frustrated with the radio when I travel. It's ok if I'm listening to a podcast or Spotifiy through my phone, but it's crazy how difficult it is to navigate to and through FM radio stations. It's 5 button pushes on the touch screen to even get from Carplay to change the radio station (not as bad with presets, but I travel a lot.)

Those things are a bit nit-picky, but I figured I'd share my personal observations. I've requested to go back to a 3/4 ton F250 when one becomes available.
                          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                            Keith, have you actually been, rode in, or owned one? Or are these problems from reviews you read. I'm a big fan of my 2016 and my previous 04. It would be a shame if tundra is going down hill.
                            Yes, I test drove a 2023 in Tyler about 6 weeks ago. I only drove it around town for about 3 miles, no highway speeds, so I can't comment on the wind noise. I saw where someone posted his had no wind noise until he hit about 5000 miles, now they can't find what's causing it. On the one I drove I noticed the door panel flexed alot when you put pressure on it. I've seen pictures of the water leaks. I'm hoping the supply chain issues are the cause of most of the problems and they will be corrected soon. I know they are/were shipping them with only one key fob because of a shortage.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Keith. I was just curious. I'm planning on my 16 being the last truck I ever buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                                I've been driving a 22 Tundra (company truck) for 4 months. 4x4 crew cab TR5. I haven't manually checked mileage, but I was around 18.2 avg for the first 15K miles, per the ECP. I drive fairly efficiently and mostly highway. Avg fuel mileage has dropped significantly since I've started pulling a camper with it through much of December. I'll check it specifically under load this weekend.

I like the pickup ok. I like the way it drives, for the most part, and it pulls my 28' camper (7500GVRW and 500# tongue weight) just fine. No issues with acceleration and power.

IMO, the exterior on mine looks a little too "sporty" for my tastes. Just not really my style. I don't like the blackout wheels, and the black plastic exterior trim (on seemingly every new truck model) looks cheap to me.

I didn't have any input on options for mine, and I don't have much adjustability on my seats other than forwards/backwards and tilt. Not as comfortable as it could be, but I'm sure with different seats that could be alleviated.

I hate the 5.5' bed. Nothing more to say there, except I like the adjustable tie-down rail system on mine.

22ish gallon fuel tank sucks (especially when pulling a trailer.)

I get EXTREMELY frustrated with the radio when I travel. It's ok if I'm listening to a podcast or Spotifiy through my phone, but it's crazy how difficult it is to navigate to and through FM radio stations. It's 5 button pushes on the touch screen to even get from Carplay to change the radio station (not as bad with presets, but I travel a lot.)

Those things are a bit nit-picky, but I figured I'd share my personal observations. I've requested to go back to a 3/4 ton F250 when one becomes available.
                                Good stuff and Thank you.
                                My 10 and 15 were have been great trucks but there is no question they drink the fuel and 18 MPG would be a hell of an improvement unfortunately. The 22 gallon fuel tank makes zero sense.

My problem with the new model is as you mention it looks a little flashy and no offense to soccer moms but a soccer mom truck. I have seen a few that are leveled or lifted with tires and they look so much better.
                                The amount of plastic and and what seems to be "cheap" parts and pieces on every make and model I have looked at is disappointing for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X