2022 Toyota Tundra Press Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
    What year is your Tundra? Any noticeable difference in quality and reliability compared to American-made product?

2020....and I love it. Got it right at the Corona mask mandate and got lucky imo. I was right between we have nobody in the dealerships and we don't have any more inventory. Walked out feeling pretty good. Have only had it a year and a month but I have nothing to complain about. My fuel bill is similar to my 7.3 diesel so the fuel mileage doesn't bother me. Of course I wish it was higher mpg but I'm not fretting over a couple of miles to the gallon. Of course I don't drive over the freeway to save 1-2 cents a gallon either.
    Last edited by Smart; 06-25-2021, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
      Hard Pass. Toyota has fallen way behind. Even Dodge has/is now commanding 3rd place.

With work, I've gotten to drive them all regularly for over 10 years now. I'd never spend my own $ on today's Toyota. AND I proudly owned 3 in row from 1990-2002. That's back when they tried to build the best truck.
      2002-2006 w/ 4.7 were bulletproof

Comment

They have come a long way from the ugliest truck known to man.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	000001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	24654363

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
          [ATTACH]1053859[/ATTACH]

Is that a stepside?

Comment

[ATTACH]1053859[/ATTACH]

I think Honda might have something to say about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Derrik View Post
              Maybe they will come like this from the factory..

[ATTACH]1053858[/ATTACH]
              Upside down ?

Comment

[ATTACH]1053859[/ATTACH]
                These definitely were not much to look at and used to be overall smaller than the other comparable 1/2 tons. It wasn't until 2007, that Toyota did a complete redesign and introduced the 5.7 V8, which they still have in the Tundra today.

With that said, my uncle still has a 2003 Tundra and that truck is close to pushing 400,000 miles....with no significant issues other than standard maintenance. Moral of the story is those trucks were rather ugly and on the smaller side, but bullet proof.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Is that a stepside?
                  Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Derrik View Post
                    Maybe they will come like this from the factory..

[ATTACH]1053858[/ATTACH]
                    What cover have that? Desert Eagle Offroad?
                    Seriously considering one soon with all these dang thefts happening.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post

Valhalla Shields in Cypress. I was tired of only parking in the front row after mine was cut out on Good Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post

I got mine at DRO....right down the street from me in Denton/Corinth.

Comment

Yes.

I don't even like Ford/Chevy stepsides after 1988 so that is reaaally fuuuuugly.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                            Well, I'm sure that's true to some degree. There's a spectrum with everything. To me it comes down to common sense. What's going to last longer, a smaller engine that's working harder, or a bigger engine that doesn't have the same stress during it's life.

Watch towing videos on YouTube and tell me which one is being stressed; the Ecoboost turning 2500 RPM or the V8 bouncing between 4-5,000 rpm trying to hold speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                              Hard Pass. Toyota has fallen way behind. Even Dodge has/is now commanding 3rd place.

With work, I've gotten to drive them all regularly for over 10 years now. I'd never spend my own $ on today's Toyota. AND I proudly owned 3 in row from 1990-2002. That's back when they tried to build the best truck.

I have a 2013 crewmax TSS 4x4 with 203k on the clock and has been the absolute best vehicle I have ever owned. Pulls everything I ask it too and regularly makes 1k mile trips to the deer lease. I’m a Toyota fan, that why we bought my wife a 4Runner. I will buy another Tundra when the time comes for a new truck.

Shoot, I think my wife and I are part of the reason Smart drives a Tundra now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                                2002-2006 w/ 4.7 were bulletproof
                                I wouldn't say "bulletproof" but I loved my 2000 and I love my 2014. The 2000 had the worse brakes of any truck (Toyota) I've ever owned. But I loved that 4.7 and that truck.

Comment

Working...
                                X