Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting into my ranch!!!

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
    There's a greater than zero chance,that you're bullet's,bullets/shot;are landing on his place as well.

I’m just gonna chime in here and say that is always a possibility but I did participate in setting up blinds on Barrett’s place and the neighbors were a consideration. Not so much in this case. And it’s mostly bow hunted.
    Last edited by Stoof; 11-17-2020, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Man View Post
      Go to the barber shop. Get a bunch of human hair and scatter it along the fence line. Every time it rains, it will rejuvenate the smell. Also it hard to see on the ground.
      This and use a leaf blower to distribute some across the fence towards his setup

Comment

This is crazy to setup a feeder on a fence line and blind to shoot into someone else place. No respect at all. My neighbors and I all agreed to setup blinds on fenceline and to shoot back into our own properties. It was prompted by a setup the OP posted. The blinds do not have a window that opens to the others property, IE cant shoot out of it. The human hair works. I used it on a difficult cousins husbands setup on the family property but thats a convo for another day.

Comment

I’m sure calling him and lecturing him about hunter ethics really worked in your favor.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
            Build a cardboard or plywood fence and keep it inspected for bullet holes
            I don’t think the laws changed about projectiles crossing the boundaries
            I see many pipelines with similar stuff
            This is what I was thinking also. But paint a life size picture on there of Biden and Palozie flipping them the bird.

Comment

Battery operated alarm clock in your deer stands and battery operated glade air fresheners on the outside of the old stands. Batteries need to be replaced every month or so. WhitE plastic groceries bags hanging in some of the trees scare the shattt out of them as well.

Comment

Get a popup or old blind that you aren't using and put it up on your side, right across the fence from where the feeder is. Don't use it, just leave it there.

Comment

some of these responses crack me up, park a car...put up plywood etc etc That stuff takes up about 6-12ft of a fence line that might run hundreds or thousands of feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                    Send this to the GW, and property owner.

Sec. 62.0121

Sec. 62.0121. DISCHARGE OF FIREARM ACROSS PROPERTY LINE. (a) In this section, "firearm" has the meaning assigned by Section 62.014(a).

(b) A person commits an offense if:

(1) the person, while hunting or engaging in recreational shooting, knowingly discharges a firearm; and

(2) the projectile from the firearm travels across a property line.
                    also:
                    https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/o...ns-and-methods

Unlawful Activities
                    It is unlawful to

knowingly discharge a firearm causing a projectile to cross a property line, unless the person owns both sides of the property line or has obtained written permission from the owner of any land crossed by the projectile.

Comment

Be patient grasshopper. If the owner really is a lawyer it will be taken care of it when he gets your letter. If not quit posting on the internet and take care of the problem.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Shooting into my ranch!!!

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                        some of these responses crack me up, park a car...put up plywood etc etc That stuff takes up about 6-12ft of a fence line that might run hundreds or thousands of feet.

The direct shot from the blind to the feeders only covers about that much fence line. Nothing more to it. Bulldozed line through thick trees. Pretty simple.
                        Last edited by Stoof; 11-17-2020, 07:47 PM.

Comment

I feel your pain- there is 60 acres next to us with 6 blinds. They all rifle hunt & all of the blinds and feeders are almost touching our fence. I do not know if they use them all at one time. We just hope for the best. They are some city slickers from Manvel. One of the guys was walking down our road while I was in the stand. I opened the door & he took off into the brush. We called the GW, don’t know what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                            There's a greater than zero chance,that you're bullet's,bullets/shot;are landing on his place as well.
                            I pulled my 2 gun blinds down off the top 40 acres, bow only now. Ranch manager is aware of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                              I’m sure calling him and lecturing him about hunter ethics really worked in your favor.
                              I explained that in my opinion it is not ethical to shoot where you do not know what's behind. If I were a paying customer at a ranch and was shooting with a fence behind a feeder I would ask a few questions.

Comment

make sure the fence line is marked properly including directly in line with the blind on no trespassing signs, then set out multiple game cameras from different angles.

What he did is perfectly legal. What he will end up doing will be illegal and you will have it on camera with a way to prove it.

Comment

Working...
                                X