Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Shooting into my ranch!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
    make sure the fence line is marked properly including directly in line with the blind on no trespassing signs, then set out multiple game cameras from different angles.

What he did is perfectly legal. What he will end up doing will be illegal and you will have it on camera with a way to prove it.
    Hmmmm...... How would the camera prove the bullet crossed the fence?

Comment

Main point is....how can a man who declares himself someone who has “been doing this all my life, and safety is my #1 priority “ feel ethical or safe? I k ow how .....$$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
        When you are dealing with a jackwagon you are not going to convince him to move anything.

Dealing with a very similar situation but the idiot is shooting right down the fence line - the blind is butted up against the property line fence (literally) and the feeder ten yards off the fence. We have done our best to mark the fence so the idiot the outfitter puts in the stand doesn't shoot over our fence or claim he didn't know where the fence is located. I have no doubt it will happen or has already happened.

In your situation, I guess I would be putting up an earth berm along that stretch on my side. Not worth the risk to me or my family/guests.
        alright, a shooting range from the stand!

Comment

Put a couple of dead coyote on the Fenceline

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post

I guess ill head back over to one of the 13'' threads for my daily dose of ridiculousness

[emoji2957][emoji12]

From my Make Believe World

Comment

Propane cannon pointed toward his blind should do the trick. Replace propane bottle every 2 weeks till blind and feeder are moved.

Last edited by RMW; 11-17-2020, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Lol! Karma is a *****! You deserve it...

Comment

1) If his stand is up on a hill, shooting down toward his feeder, won't his bullet likely go into the dirt soon after a miss rather than continuing through your property/

2) Are there no trees or brush to stop the bullet from going far into your property?

3) If you are the only one who has hunted your property in 11 years, what is the danger? Can't you just avoid being in that particular line of fire?

4) What worthy advice were you hoping to obtain on this forum to solve your problem?

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                    Hmmmm...... How would the camera prove the bullet crossed the fence?

Most likely it wouldn't unless you happened to have it video of the shot and an exit on that side close to the fence, but that's a stretch. My thought is the person will be caught jumping the fence to recover deer.

Comment

Seems like a lot of folks on here are assuming he is gonna miss

Comment

I wouldn’t get bent out of shape over a bullet passing through a deer and going through a fence. Or even a stray miss every once in awhile. The truth is that you never can assume what a bullet will do, and there is always some type of risk involved. People hunt public all the time without knowing who is there. If I have to start worrying about stray bullets I’ll go play tennis or golf.

Comment

Heck just burn him out and be done with it. I mean if your this mad about it. Just take an old shirt soak it in diesel tie it to an Armadillo set it on fire and turn him loose. (Just make sure the wind is right)Problem solved

Comment

As mentioned before, Likely if shooting in a downward direction the bullet will end up in the dirt.

There's actually a documentary about something similar. There was man who could barely keep his family fed shot in a downward angle and up through the ground came bubbling crude. Oil that is. Texas Tea. Maybe you'll get as lucky as that man.

Comment

I think you need to use the paying hunters to do your work. If they complain about hunting that spot then he will surely move the blind.
                              If I am paying good money to hunt then I do not want to have to listen to something or look at something that irritates me the whole time.

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
                                I'd call the guy and tell him that if he didn't move the blind - I will be building an new 8' game fence along the portion of my property that neighbors his.

Then I would follow through and build it.

I'd also leave the game warden out of it...

Just build it anyway, no phone call needed.

I agree on the GW, call the county sheriff instead for trespassing/property line issues. The GW has enough real issues to deal with.

Comment

Working...
                                X