Shooting into my ranch!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pontiac View Post
    Boy this one went into the ditch in record time!

Barrett, I think a letter or email to the property owner rationally explaining your concerns and that you already tried to address this with his manager will be your best option.
    Thanks
    Ya I agree that this will all work out easily. To me it’s just crazy that people cannot agree on what is safe/ethical. But then again it my opinion of what is safe/ethical vs. someone else’s. And that’s the dilemma.

Comment

What if he’s using lasers and the fence is actually a force field that would prevent them from crossing the property line. Would this hypothetical situation make anyone feel different toward the situation?

Comment

Some of y'all just enjoy stirring the pot

Comment

Originally posted by Barrett View Post
          You don’t even know the facts before you go following someone else’s reply. Baa baa
          STHU
          Hmmmm.......How old are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Barrett View Post
            Thanks
            Ya I agree that this will all work out easily. To me it’s just crazy that people cannot agree on what is safe/ethical. But then again it my opinion of what is safe/ethical vs. someone else’s. And that’s the dilemma.

I can see safety issue concerns. But ethical? What does ethics have to with what I do on my own property?

From my Make Believe World

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
              Burnadell its amusing when you are just stirring the pot

FiFY

Comment

This morning I was walking across my 6 acre ranch and saw a big ol buck by the fence. I just couldn't shoot him and he wouldn't move away. I yelled but nope. I walked over and threw a rock at him , being very careful that it didn't cross the boundary . That's when I saw that one of his 10 drop tines was hung between the wires and it was actually on my neighbors property. I just couldn't ethically shoot him with part of him being across the fence and all. I'll check tomorrow and see if the yotes ate him. Gotta do the right thing ya know.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                  This morning I was walking across my 6 acre ranch and saw a big ol buck by the fence. I just couldn't shoot him and he wouldn't move away. I yelled but nope. I walked over and threw a rock at him , being very careful that it didn't cross the boundary . That's when I saw that one of his 10 drop tines was hung between the wires and it was actually on my neighbors property. I just couldn't ethically shoot him with part of him being across the fence and all. I'll check tomorrow and see if the yotes ate him. Gotta do the right thing ya know.
                  Hello Pot!

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                    I can see safety issue concerns. But ethical? What does ethics have to with what I do on my own property?

From my Make Believe World
                    From TPWD, Im not saying that everyone is one same page but I bet majority of hunters are.

According to Aldo Leopold, regarded as the “father” of wildlife management, “ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal.”

T.D. Carroll, the Father of Texas Hunter Education, once said: “There are written and unwritten laws. The written laws tell us what we can and cannot do while the unwritten laws tell us what we should and should not do.”

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      Hello Pot!

Sup Burnakettle!

Comment

Working...
                      X