Shooting into my ranch!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
    Lol! Karma is a *****! You deserve it...
    So the goal of this ranch is to provide a place for single parents to bring their kids for a weekend outdoors and possibly the chance to learn to hunt. Im trying to gear it towards those who are not fortunate enough to experience something that many take for granted. Karma is something you are not in touch with.

Comment

Build an outhouse on your side of the fence and do your daily business there....Or make that the location of you gut pile. The smell of either should deter any "clients" from wanting to hunt in that stand and definitely keep the deer away from it.

Comment

I had a similar situation many years ago at a small lease in jack county. Property next to ours had a feeder on the fence line and blind shooting toward the feeder and our property. I started parking my truck or my four wheeler right next to the fence and pen every time I went to my stand. One month later, feeder and blind relocated. I spoke with the guy some time later and he was very apologetic and was not aware anyone was on the land.

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
          I had a similar situation many years ago at a small lease in jack county. Property next to ours had a feeder on the fence line and blind shooting toward the feeder and our property. I started parking my truck or my four wheeler right next to the fence and pen every time I went to my stand. One month later, feeder and blind relocated. I spoke with the guy some time later and he was very apologetic and was not aware anyone was on the land.
          Nice, thanks

Comment

Pour ammonia near it. Big cat urine is very ammoniated and it will scare off lots of prey animals
            Last edited by dosrobles; 11-18-2020, 08:11 AM. Reason: Spell check

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
              Most likely it wouldn't unless you happened to have it video of the shot and an exit on that side close to the fence, but that's a stretch. My thought is the person will be caught jumping the fence to recover deer.
              SMH . How will he/she get ther deer back over the neighbor's high fence?

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
              Just build it anyway, no phone call needed.

I agree on the GW, call the county sheriff instead for trespassing/property line issues. The GW has enough real issues to deal with.
              Didn't read the whole thread, huh?

Barrett, will you please respond to my questions in post #98?

Comment

That GW is 100 percent wrong and I bet his captain would like to know about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  1) If his stand is up on a hill, shooting down toward his feeder, won't his bullet likely go into the dirt soon after a miss rather than continuing through your property/

2) Are there no trees or brush to stop the bullet from going far into your property?

3) If you are the only one who has hunted your property in 11 years, what is the danger? Can't you just avoid being in that particular line of fire?

4) What worthy advice were you hoping to obtain on this forum to solve your problem?
                  1. Potentially yes but all rocks there

2. Yes there are some trees but not before my road, and I would rather prevent shooting into my ranch not mitigate how far said bullet may travel into it.

3. Not sure where you got the 11 years, but Im not willing to stay away from a particular area on my ranch because a bullet may fly through.

4. There have been many worthy replies on this, with a few Jack Wads as well who are just still upset about their own inadequacies in life.

Im am not looking to TBH to solve anything, just seeking advice.

Thanks for the info guys

Comment

Originally posted by ClearcreekDC View Post
                    That GW is 100 percent wrong and I bet his captain would like to know about it.
                    Wrong about?

Comment

Originally posted by Barrett View Post
                      Wrong about?

About it not being his problem. Its not illegal until it actually happens of course but thats def something a gw needs to be helping negotiate. If you need help getting the lazy *** to do his job shoot me a pm. I know a couple captains and 1 major.

Comment

Originally posted by ClearcreekDC View Post
                        About it not being his problem. Its not illegal until it actually happens of course but thats def something a gw needs to be helping negotiate. If you need help getting the lazy *** to do his job shoot me a pm. I know a couple captains and 1 major.
                        Thank you sir
                        I’m sure it won’t come to that but nice to know just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
                          Set up a feeder exactly opposite his . . Put up a blind facing the feeder . .
                          With sandbags.....

Comment

Wrong about?
                            Being In law enforcement for over 20 years sometimes all it takes is a simple phone call by the GW or LE to make a point to that manager. Can be cordial, yet express that a landowner may be monitoring that area and provide video (evidence) that a shot was made across property lines. Once served notice, then if he or his hunter commits' the act without knowledge, that manager would have some explaining to do. Best case scenario the manager moves the stand. At minimum he tells the hunter to not shoot that direction, if possible, or its his arse. I'd just ask the GW if he'd contact the manager on your behalf.

Comment

move the picnic table and beer icechest out of the line of fire

Comment

1. Potentially yes but all rocks there

2. Yes there are some trees but not before my road, and I would rather prevent shooting into my ranch not mitigate how far said bullet may travel into it.

3. Not sure where you got the 11 years, but Im not willing to stay away from a particular area on my ranch because a bullet may fly through.

4. There have been many worthy replies on this, with a few Jack Wads as well who are just still upset about their own inadequacies in life.

Im am not looking to TBH to solve anything, just seeking advice.

Thanks for the info guys
                                That 11 years was from your post a little over a year ago:

Got married, built a new house, and bought a ranch all within 6 months. Crazy!!
                                My wife and I bought 200 acres that borders my family's ranch last week. I have been trying to buy out my two uncles share of our ranch for years now and they have been dragging their feet so we decided to pull the trigger on the average next door. I am the only one in the family who has been using the ranch for 11 years now, which also means that I have been the manager.

The new place has the same great live water creeks running through it but it also has a bit of topography as well. The old owner gave me permission to set up 3 feeders with cameras 3 weeks ago so I am headed out there this weekend to put up 4 blinds and another feeder now that we have closed. Super excited about having 400 acres of hunting now.

Time for a tractor
                                With 4 blinds and 4 feeders on that 200 ac, it would be hard to guarantee your bullets would not cross your property line.
                                Last edited by Burnadell; 11-18-2020, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X