Shooting into my ranch!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
    Common sense tells you the bullet will come into your property.

This is insane that someone would set like this.

Exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
      Tall fence that boundary. once they know they cant steal your deer then they'll move
      Sorry, I should have stated that they are high fence.

Comment

If you have an old deer bind, place it on your fence line in direct line-of-sight of the feeder and his stand. He will get the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
          Send the lawyer a copy of the section of the law pertaining to bullets crossing the property and that the current setup simply cannot avoid it. Do so in a professional manner and make sure you empathize - i.e. no problem with the hunting as you are an avid hunter, but you don't want to be shot on your own property and you're pretty certain, from a legal standpoint, the owner would prefer to not incur that liability, either. Make sure you spell it out crystal clear and send it certified. He'll know there's now a paper trail of an unsafe situation and if he continues, then you can step it up...
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
            Only kind of lawyer there is.

Got some left over's, huh? You want to be left alone on your property but dictate what happens next door? Your idea sounds fool proof!!
            Your an amazing individual!! I hope someone tells you that each morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
              I did. I have heartd this stated regularly but had not verified it. Now I know. Still...a pretty useless law that could not be proven very easily.
              Ya I was afraid of this. I truly do not want to harm is ability to conduct hunts, only to feel safe while I am.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                Build the wall :d
                And make them pay for it!!!

Comment

Only kind of lawyer there is.

Got some left over's, huh? You want to be left alone on your property but dictate what happens next door? Your idea sounds fool proof!!

This response was really uncalled for. He came here asking for legitimate help and you bring politics into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Barrett View Post
                    The blind is positioned up a hill and a protein feeder and corn feeder sit 10 yards off fenceline. I called the Game Warden seeking advice on how to deal with the situation and he simply tells me to call the manager because he was not breaking any law and that he didn't want to get involved, which is exactly what I expected from him I just needed reassurance........ I told him to flip the blind and feeders as a solution.
                    Your title says people are shooting into your ranch.

Then you lay out the situation and it sure sounds more like they arent. GW even agreed. Lot of reasons to not shoot up hill.

Comment

What kind of blind is it? Is it nice with amenities like heaters and such?

Comment

If your OK with them reversing the blind feeder location try to work that out. If they won't change I'd lay out all your options listed here to them. Maybe it'll change their mind.

I once had a neighbor with 3 acres set up a blind on the fence line facing my land. There was barely enough room between the legs and barb wire to climb up.
                        His land was too thick to hunt and mine was clear so he had to be hunting my side. This was back in the day and the ladder stand he put up was made of wood. I filled the legs up with .22 holes about half way up. The blind went away.

Comment

I should have been nicer. Story just didnt add up

Just now noticed a blind on a hill

Got married, built a new house, and bought a ranch all within 6 months. Crazy!!
                          My wife and I bought 200 acres that borders my family's ranch last week. I have been trying to buy out my two uncles share of our ranch for years now and they have been dragging their feet so we decided to pull the trigger on the average next door. I am the only one in the family who has been using the ranch for 11 years now, which also means that I have been the manager.

The new place has the same great live water creeks running through it but it also has a bit of topography as well. The old owner gave me permission to set up 3 feeders with cameras 3 weeks ago so I am headed out there this weekend to put up 4 blinds and another feeder now that we have closed. Super excited about having 400 acres of hunting now.

Time for a tractor

Comment

Your title says people are shooting into your ranch.

Then you lay out the situation and it sure sounds more like they arent. GW even agreed. Lot of reasons to not shoot up hill.
                            the blind is up hill from me shooting down into my ranch.
                            Sorry should have read "Shooting into my ranch?????????"

Comment

So my puny little 200 acres backs up to a much larger ranch which offers everything from exotics to pheasant hunts. The ranch was bought just over a year ago, about the same time I bought ours, and I noticed while driving by back fence line two feeders and a blind pointed directly into my ranch. The blind is positioned up a hill and a protein feeder and corn feeder sit 10 yards off fenceline. I called the Game Warden seeking advice on how to deal with the situation and he simply tells me to call the manager because he was not breaking any law and that he didn't want to get involved, which is exactly what I expected from him I just needed reassurance. So I call the ranch manager and he is very bothered by my call and says "Ive been guiding my whole life and safety is #1 priority" . I told him to flip the blind and feeders as a solution, or set blind on fence line, which is a less desirable solution. I also explained that what he was doing was unethical and not safe, which was agreed to me by the GW. Apparently he dent care. Long story short he now avoids my calls which has led me to find the owner, a big shot lawyer who I am waiting to hear back from. I figured since they are his blinds and feeders, presumably, I should talk with him.
                              So if I get no solution to this problem I guess the only thing to do is to erect an art installation to make sure no animal comes to said feeders. Maybe a couple hundred Biden flags attached to a wind driven apparatus would **** off some animals and hunters, but I would never pay for such flags. Any suggestions on past experience with similar situation would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
                              Don't do the last part thats hunter harrassment If you can prove bullets have crossed your property line you have a case.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                                The hard part to prove is the wording in the regulation, “knowingly”. It’s in there for a reason and any good attorney, will destroy your argument in court. Erect a “crow gun” that goes off about every 30 minutes on the fence line. Or, set out there with loud music and bang on pots and pans until they get the picture. BRIGHT lights shining at them early in the morning is an option also.
                                This would be illegal and would surely be followed up on by a game warden.
                                I’d try a couple more conversations civilly and then do like others said possibly with a few sheets of plywood and a letter to owner and GW. Seems pretty reasonable and not over the top like many have mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                                X